Menu Priced Servicing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fuzzer

MB Enthusiast
Car
F25 X3 20d SE
My W204 is due for its first service in a few weeks.

Not really taking the first answer and looking about i made a few enquiries about the price of this service A service as car is one year old and 9000 miles or so.

Glasgow £259
Edinburgh £249
Perth £249
Carlisle £199

now .. what do they do in glasgow for the extra £60 that doesnt happen in carlisle?

Seems like we are getting a bit of a raw deal up here :(:dk:

Hi nothing new there had a difference of about £80 locally from main dealers when getting quotes for a service b on a c63

My W204 is due for its first service in a few weeks.

Not really taking the first answer and looking about i made a few enquiries about the price of this service A service as car is one year old and 9000 miles or so.

Glasgow £259
Edinburgh £249
Perth £249
Carlisle £199

now .. what do they do in glasgow for the extra £60 that doesnt happen in carlisle?

Seems like we are getting a bit of a raw deal up here :(:dk:

Justify the nickname "stealer"?

Possibly a factor a different dealer group, and quieter ramps and therefore keener pricing. We see a similar disparity between MB Birmingham and surrounding franchise dealerships.

My thoughts:

• Glasgow, Edingburgh - Plenty of demand for servicing in the central belt
  • Perth - Small but captive audience with few alternatives
  • Carlisle - Small mobile audience able to travel North to Glasgow, South to Lancashire, East to Newcastle

Making Carlisle keener for business?

You might well be right.

They all seem to be quite taken aback when i ask them for the price. Too many people just saying it needs serviced and do it tbh.

The glasgow dealership wouldnt entertain price matching it. It just means ive got £60 to spend on a nice day out somewhere instead of paying for the gold leaf celing in the service managers office.

As Bobby Dazzler says, it's most likely down to the dealer group. Around this area, Mercedes-Benz of Oxford (part of the Inchcape Group) are £199 for an A-service on a W204, while Mercedes-Benz of Aylesbury (part of the Hughes Group) are £249.

FWIW, when I had the B-service done on my W204 a couple of weeks ago, the Service Team Leader at MB Oxford made a point of mentioning that they'd "discounted" the labour rate and parts prices to get the price down to that on the Menu - £299.

The dealer in glasgow is Stratstone. The dealer in carlisle is Syntner.

Go to Carlisle if you have the time Jason, you'll no way spend £60 on fuel getting to and back, more like £35.

Im already buying mobil1 for £21 for 4 litres from costco. Its going to cost me £42 for the oil from costco or MB of Carlisle are supplying the oil for £48.

didnt seem worth the hassle of going to costco and getting it.

Im already buying mobil1 for £21 for 4 litres from costco. Its going to cost me £42 for the oil from costco or MB of Carlisle are supplying the oil for £48.

Agreed, but mine is usually over £80 for 5.5 litres of Mobil1

Its going to cost me £42 for the oil from costco or MB of Carlisle are supplying the oil for £48.

Blimey, that's exceptional value if buying it from a shop, never mind a main dealer.

Make sure you are comparing like-for-like - Mobil 1 ESP is a fair bit more per litre than the non-ESP full synth...

Also, the recent lower "menu pricing" at the Drayton Group has been achieved by dropping the oil price drastically (while keeping the hourly rate high!) - supplying your own oil there is no longer worthwhile. If you were cynical, you would say this is to allow the inevitable "extras" to still command a premium!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom