Moving over to the dark side????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I still intend to stay on the forum (unless I'm no longer welcome) as there are some interesting people on here - and if anyone's interested I can post some pics when it arrives in December.

Just redesignate it as a W212a E535 and don't make too much noise about it being substantially quicker than a E350 under acceleration and you'll probably be tolerated.

Just ignore the BMW troll and eventually he will go away, he's just trying to get you to bite.

It doesn't take much!! :D

Just read the rest of the thread.

I would say the right choice was made, but they're getting closer than ever.

I have estates and the load space on teh 5 series is terrible compared with the E Class.
The issues I had with my E350 estate have almost been sorted on the facelift, the plastics are much better, the steering wheel doesn't block the cluster as much, and the ride is not as crashy.

The 5 series is a bit more focused and still more comfy, but not as big a gap as the pre-facelift E Class.

I would have a facelift S212 and I would have an F11, both great cars. I honestlythink it comes down to which one you prefer the look of more, and if you like your toys the BMW is hard to pass up, but many prefer the Merc badge, which is fair enough.

The new A6 avant pisses on them both though! :p

gIzzE said:
Just read the rest of the thread. I would say the right choice was made, but they're getting closer than ever. I have estates and the load space on teh 5 series is terrible compared with the E Class. The issues I had with my E350 estate have almost been sorted on the facelift, the plastics are much better, the steering wheel doesn't block the cluster as much, and the ride is not as crashy. The 5 series is a bit more focused and still more comfy, but not as big a gap as the pre-facelift E Class. I would have a facelift S212 and I would have an F11, both great cars. I honestlythink it comes down to which one you prefer the look of more, and if you like your toys the BMW is hard to pass up, but many prefer the Merc badge, which is fair enough. The new A6 avant pisses on them both though! :p
you wish!!;)

To be fair, the new A6 is actually pretty good, certainly better than previous Audis.

That is an incorrect statement

It was said with tongue firmly in cheek based on the hot headed debate earlier in the thread.

However, I had one for a couple of days between the F11 5 series and getting my E350 estate and it was seriously impressive.
I have owned the E320 S210, E320cdi S211 and the E350cdi S212.
Also the E39 530i, E61 535d and the F11 520d.
Then the C5 A6 2.5tdi, C6 3.2fsi Quattro.

Now, the Audi fell well behind the other two in the previous generations, but I would honestly say that I can now see why it may appeal over the other two to many buyers out there. It is seriously impressive.

This is not really an issue of MB vs BMW, we make our own choices with our own cash and why on earth would it be so important to defend a large corporate which we have no ties with?

It's more to do with being able to air own opinions and experiences without being called silly names like 'troll' or 'little pal' or being told to 'f@@k off' or told what professions to follow ie a bit of respect.

i am new here but it seems silly to discount a forum member because they tried a rival marque and bought it. they are all nice german cars, i am looking for s class, phaeton or a8, i tried a 7 series, i did not like it but had a bmw 3 in the past before the honda and it was a lovely car to drive

I have no problem with BMW or AUDI
It just gets my back up when people say my Audi or BMW is far superior to your Merc.

I wasn't saying it was better than your E350, I was saying it was better than my E350. ;)

i am new here but it seems silly to discount a forum member because they tried a rival marque and bought it. they are all nice german cars, i am looking for s class, phaeton or a8, i tried a 7 series, i did not like it but had a bmw 3 in the past before the honda and it was a lovely car to drive

Exactly; knew I'd have the next car for 3 years and didn't want to be disappointed (not that I'd be disappointed with any of the main 3 I'm sure)

johns E350 said:
The A6 does not piss all over an E350 that is bull **** your talking
hi Jonh I just arrived at home and on the way back I ****** all over an Audi s5 he got proper smoked !:D

gIzzE said:
I wasn't saying it was better than your E350, I was saying it was better than my E350. ;)

Same thing really all E350 engines standard are the same

Well the 535D M Sport it is then.

I still intend to stay on the forum (unless I'm no longer welcome) as there are some interesting people on here - and if anyone's interested I can post some pics when it arrives in December.

Good outcome to this thread, congrats on the new car. Do post pictures and do stay on the forum - no one said you can't be a member.

C36fan said:
i know looks like a transformer!;)

That is an injustice to a transformer the i3 looks bloody awful IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom