My clocked car and the ongoing saga..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Donza

So the merc garage has still to get to back to me.

Even after i got MB UK involved. Had them give me a courtesy car, yet had no call to even offer me a similar specced car. Its been over a week, and i have been chasing every bloody day for a call back.

"He is busy etc.." or "i will get him to call you back" etc...

I am going to call them tomorrow and tell them to give me my damn money back.

An absolue discgrace.

ABSOLUTELY APPALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mercedes Benz of Bolton i am calling you out........do you think i am stupid?

Cliffs:

-Was sold a clocked car by an approved Stratsone Dealer
- Got MB UK involved
- Garage agreed to find me a car
- They are now not responding to my calls

I am furious. They have 17k cash of my own money, i have no car of my own but some bloody courtesy car from them.

Last edited:
Are you still running their courtesy car? .... What car did they give you? Is it of comensurate value of the car you are disputing? Is it on their insurance? Do you have a maximum number of miles you can put on it? If not fancy going mini cabing ...lolol:D

Are you still running their courtesy car? .... What car did they give you? Is it of comensurate value of the car you are disputing? Is it on their insurance? Do you have a maximum number of miles you can put on it? If not fancy going mini cabing ...lolol:D

I am still running their 2008 C-Class. But i dont care....

I want this saga to end, and them to return my damn calls...

Do they think i am some muppet?

Ha ha. Yep, play them at their own game, send the car back with 30K on the clock.

I wouldn't be too worried, you havea car to tool around in that is worth more than the 17K and you're taking no depreciation hit.

ABSOLUTELY APPALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mercedes Benz of Bolton i am calling you out........do you think i am stupid?

Careful! Don't say bad things about garages on here!!!:p

Donza

Sorry to hear you're still not satisfied - personally I'm with you on this - get refund, buy merc elsewhere - I wouldn't choose to be in anything other than a W211 at the moment (unless I won the lottery or landed a hoooge contract then it's CLS or S here I come), though you've been unlucky they're really great cars.

I can wholeheartedly recommend MB Hull, they've been no-nonsense, no buill**** with me all the way through my "interesting" three years of MB ownership - not sure where you are in the country though!

The car is often better than the dealer - unfortunate, but true.

Donza

Sorry to hear you're still not satisfied - personally I'm with you on this - get refund, buy merc elsewhere - I wouldn't choose to be in anything other than a W211 at the moment (unless I won the lottery or landed a hoooge contract then it's CLS or S here I come), though you've been unlucky they're really great cars.

I can wholeheartedly recommend MB Hull, they've been no-nonsense, no buill**** with me all the way through my "interesting" three years of MB ownership - not sure where you are in the country though!

The car is often better than the dealer - unfortunate, but true.

I'll hazard a guess that he is near Bolton.

I'll hazard a guess that he is near Bolton.

Nope.. ^^^^

I wonder if that's aprt of the problem, they thought they could ship a problem car away some distance and things couldn't be checked readily.

Donza, where were the service stamps for?

My apologies, I was only hazarding a guess after all. :eek:

Nope, not a mug. I've picked up cars in Hull for friends who've bought unseen and dropeed them at meeting points like LFE services, or reading, or wherever. My A class was from York, Volvo from Doncaster (though they did bring it to me which was nice).

When you find the spec you want sometimes you have to travel - a couple of hundred quid in fuel is worth getting the right car when you spending many thousands.

Nope.. ^^^^

I wonder if that's aprt of the problem, they thought they could ship a problem car away some distance and things couldn't be checked readily.

Donza, where were the service stamps for?

They were not Bolton. I think London somewhere at a non-approved MB service centre.

Last edited:
Id demand my money back if a replacement wasnt sourced within 14 days.

I bought My 211 from Newcastle Merc, they could not have been more helpful, ask for Damian. Mine was shipped up from Reading and to date I am very Happy with it:bannana:

Id demand my money back if a replacement wasnt sourced within 14 days.

Why.?
He's paid 17K for a used car and is driving round in a 25k new one, taking no depreciation at all and will get supplied with a car equivelant or better than the one he paid for.

I'd be happy to sit in their car for months because the depreciation is probably going to get him into a newer car.

The dealer has accepted liability by taking back the old car.

Just rack loads of miles on it....

Hi Donza
I can feel your frustration but would respectfully suggest you listen to Dieselman.

You keep referring to telephone calls and that is so wrong.

PLEASE, please start putting pen to paper. Proper paper, but perhaps not pen :eek: :eek:

Type your letters, keep a copy on file and if need be have them sent in a recorded manner that gets a signature.

It is possible you are doing this and your understandable rage is showing through?

They have £17k of your money, you have their courtesy car. Please try your very hardest to develop a rappoire with Mercedes-BenzUK.

I would not get involved with this dealership, they have let you see the standard they operate at.

Deep breath ;) :eek: slow down, enjoy the C-class and use tact. tact will get you more than a sledge hammer.

Do not phone.

Write to be right ;) :)

Good luck
Regards
John

It may be they are just waiting/looking for a suitable replacement vehicle- price and condition (genuine this time!) to buy into stock. This may not happen immediately. On the other hand they may just be inefficient! John's advice is sound get everything in writing.

if it was me I'd stick with the c class and hope they forget all about it :devil:
17k for a 25k car - sounds sensible to me !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom