My E55 Estate Detailed by Ed at Divine Detailing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fab, and perfect timing, as my Gtechniq detail starts tomorrow - you've got me all excited :thumb:.

That looks stunning great detailing what was used to clean up the metal work on top of engine or did I miss that info and great looking car love the stealth

That looks stunning great detailing what was used to clean up the metal work on top of engine or did I miss that info and great looking car love the stealth

Thanks - I just looked through the pics Ed did for me as (he did 250 photos of all the work for me - what a top man:thumb:). I knew I remembered seeing a photo showing the bottle.

The product used on the engine metalwork is by Race Glaze called 'Jet Laq' metal protectant. This stuff Jet Laq 1200 Non Paint Laquer (250ml) RG75

Fab, and perfect timing, as my Gtechniq detail starts tomorrow - you've got me all excited :thumb:.

You will love it John. I know you already make the effort with your car but the gtechniq coatings just make it far easier:thumb:

Beast of a car, looks fantastic all finished up. Nice to see a car being well looked after.

Oh wow! I especially like the 50/50 photos - can really see just how much difference it makes!

Simon, great job, you must be very pleased as I was when I had mine done by Michael.

The Jet Laq is a protectant ? Did he use something else to clean the metal work on top of the engine before the Jet Laq ?

Simon, great job, you must be very pleased as I was when I had mine done by Michael.

The Jet Laq is a protectant ? Did he use something else to clean the metal work on top of the engine before the Jet Laq ?

Hi Peter - sorry I can see you're right, I'm not sure what Ed used to actually clean the metalwork with before applying the laquer:dk:

Wow that is looking great Simon! Car is certainly looking the part with the wheels!

Fantastic job!

Very nice. Ed is a top guy. He detailed my W212 hybrid shortly after I got it a few months ago. Went for the GTechniq package. Will post some photos up shorlty.

I like the BBS LM's, along with RS they are my favourite wheels.

I've got Ed bookmarked to detail and possibly wet sand the SL as soon as it arrives. (currently held up waiting for a number plate certificate to arrive).

Looks awesome mate, looks new again...the E55 is still no doubt better than most things coming off the production line today. I don't like the chrome on Merc's either...it's the only thing I don't like about my S205. Why do Merc throw shed loads of chrome at an AMG spec car?

First time i have seen this post, I have seen your car on a few occasions at the bluewater meet and even before this work ,If fancied a van with windows this would be the one for me the wheels are as previously said the dogs along with the mods you have carried out...Simon you have a car to be very proud of But!.....That crazy paving has to go mate Sooo 70's.... Proper quality and thanks for posting ....all be it a year ago:dk::D

Tony.

Last edited:
Makes me feel guilty that mine hasn't even been put through a carwash in months, and has most recently been doing runs to the dump.

Stunning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom