New daily driver BMW 760i

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Got a list of minor issues inc corroded alloys, one alloy refurbed with brushed on silver paint, corroded centre caps, gum on seats, leaves in cubbys etc poor prep will see what Monday brings.

I will do a BMW v MB operating quirks write up soon as they are very different cars - to turn the BMW off and park it up it's 3 buttons which seems a lot more than the button, lever and foot pedal of the Merc but still does the same thing - I will confess today I went to get bagles and parked - handbrake - neutral exit lock ONLY left the engine running whilst I went to the shop :-0

Got a list of minor issues inc corroded alloys, one alloy refurbed with brushed on silver paint, corroded centre caps, gum on seats, leaves in cubbys etc poor prep will see what Monday brings.

I will do a BMW v MB operating quirks write up soon as they are very different cars - to turn the BMW off and park it up it's 3 buttons which seems a lot more than the button, lever and foot pedal of the Merc but still does the same thing - I will confess today I went to get bagles and parked - handbrake - neutral exit lock ONLY left the engine running whilst I went to the shop :-0

A tree just died somewhere!

I will confess today I went to get bagles and parked - handbrake - neutral exit lock ONLY left the engine running whilst I went to the shop :-0

How can you lock the car and leave the engine running.

Is this model specially adapted for Bank raids?

I could lock my A8 with the engine running. Key in my pocket step outside and press the button on the door.

Never knew you had an A8?
Really? Had one for 3 years. 2006 3.0 tdi sport. Great great car. Bought it with 25 k on the clock and sold it with 90k. Not a days problem I had with it.

I could lock my A8 with the engine running. Key in my pocket step outside and press the button on the door.

That's really bizarre and surely illegal, as a car can be left running with no driver.

Sat here waiting for a call - 5 hours since I sent more pics - how long does it take to make a decision.
Really poor for a BM dealer I think - you make a call good or bad but dont fret over it for hours

Straight to BMW UK Head Office for a dust up me thinks. Also, nowadays, Twitter is very good for getting messages directly to customer services of major brands. I tweeted (with an @UKTesco so it popped up on their account) and complained about a retail issue. They were on it like a shot. I've seen the same through Volvo - very apologetic and ask what they can do to remedy. You essentially broadcast very publicly - and they respond accordingly.

Nice car by the way :cool:

Twitter is very good for getting messages directly to customer services of major brands. I tweeted (with an @UKTesco so it popped up on their account) and complained about a retail issue. They were on it like a shot. I've seen the same through Volvo - very apologetic and ask what they can do to remedy. You essentially broadcast very publicly - and they respond accordingly.

Someone needs to try Mercedes for rust.

They would probably buy Twitter and close it.

They have asked I get a quote for the bonnet and 2 wheels done - I'm happy with that and some wheel centres. I will also get 2 doors painted all wheels refurbed and the mirror backs painted. Car will be immaculate after that I'm sure, it's pretty amazing in the wafty refinement stakes.

That's really bizarre and surely illegal, as a car can be left running with no driver.
Will, my friend still has his A8 D3 same as mine. You can leave it running lock it and walk away. I did it all winter in the driveway and so did he. Leave the engine on I mean before all the pervs start.

^ We can do this with our 5 Series and also Dad can on his F01 7 Series.

Think you're right on the legality front (on the public highways at any rate).

That is one lovely looking car :)

I recognise that business park also, it's only down the road from me in Eastham.

I don't suppose you were at the car meet at the Cottage Loaf last week were you? Noticed a V12 7 series there, there were a few other nice cars also (F430, M5, RS6, a Rolls, Ultima GTR, AM Vantage, Ariel Atom, couple of TVR's, and a few other ones that slip my mind)

I don't suppose you were at the car meet at the Cottage Loaf last week were you? Noticed a V12 7 series there, there were a few other nice cars also (F430, M5, RS6, a Rolls, Ultima GTR, AM Vantage, Ariel Atom, couple of TVR's, and a few other ones that slip my mind)

Yes I was there - not that many swb 760i on the wirral :) thats when i noticed the dent 24 hours after getting it

Yes I was there - not that many swb 760i on the wirral :) thats when i noticed the dent 24 hours after getting it
Ahh yes, me and the lads did comment on how nice it was, and good to see that it was a V12 also :cool: My CLS was parked across the otherside oh the car park between an Astra with a very powerful Saab turbo engine, and a very very old school green 6 series.

Actually I did say to the mrs I had one of those (cls55) but she didnt remember, I also told her the 635 was a classic she just said it was an unusual green. Women hey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom