New first time Merc owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chugg

Car
E350 CDI Sport Estate
Hi folks,

Just bought a 2011 E350 CDI Sport Estate. Only had it a couple of days so early days yet, but so far I'm happy with it. A little worried about service and maintenance costs, but hey, we'll see how it goes.
I'll be having a good read of the forums, maybe ask some (daft!:rolleyes:) questions.
It has a tow bar so this could mean a slippery slope into caravannig, also new to me so I'll be trying to get some info on that, weights, sizes etc just probably start with a cheap 2nd hand caravan cos we ain't no millionaires, but if it keeps the wife and kids happy, we're all happy :thumb:

Last edited:
Hi Chugg,

We are caravans and new to it too. We bought a 2 berth Coachman Amara, tows superbly and its a tardis inside, we love it, good luck and gimme a shout if you need advice on caravans.

Cheers,

John

Hi John

Thanks for that. I guess we might be a bit late for this season, at least it'll give me chance to swot up!

Welcome to the forum Chugg.

The first thing you need to do is find a good Mercedes independant (indy) for servicing.
Once out of warranty, servicing at the main dealer is an expensive event. An indy will halve the labour costs and you can be sure the job is done properly.

Thanks AMGeed,

Yes I'll have to see about a good indy around here. Even the nearest main dealer is 40 miles away! (East coast of North Yorkshire).
I need to fathom this digital service report malarkey too, I got a couple of print outs with it but would like to check the full history but I don't know how yet :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom