New Mods Added to C55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rear blind also?

Thanks Alfie - professional job once again. As to the blind would rather save and have Linguatronic added.

We (Alfie, Richard and myself) were having that exact same discussion this morning. Although i like the thermo unit not really happy with the errors you get with this mod.

Yep see you tommorow, lets hope the weather holds out.

I was surprised by the manual controls..assumed the C55 had basically all the options list fitted including digital thermotronic climate control..logic 7 and all the etc..

I also have the basic thermatic and like to change it to the digital but really worried on cost and if any issues after.I am not a fancy to the merc's thermatic aircon..very annoying..merc keep saying it is fine..but i keep saying not..not sure if it is a common problem..either car's trying to freeze me or toast me or just ignore me..

I was surprised by the manual controls..assumed the C55 had basically all the options list fitted including digital thermotronic climate control..logic 7 and all the etc..

I also have the basic thermatic and like to change it to the digital but really worried on cost and if any issues after.I am not a fancy to the merc's thermatic aircon..very annoying..merc keep saying it is fine..but i keep saying not..not sure if it is a common problem..either car's trying to freeze me or toast me or just ignore me..

This is what I found with the Thermatic originally fitted in my car. The hysteresis of the system was huge!
I fitted the Thermatronic head unit and things are MUCH better controlled now. No changes in the heater/aircon units just the control unit, which looks far better as well. Win, win! :D

This is what I found with the Thermatic originally fitted in my car. The hysteresis of the system was huge!
I fitted the Thermatronic head unit and things are MUCH better controlled now. No changes in the heater/aircon units just the control unit, which looks far better as well. Win, win! :D

That is interesting facts..what was the cost involved..might be the route i need..I have friends who sit and wonder why car i either hot or cold when temp is showing something else

Thanks. Although its got Logic 7 and most things it did not have Thermo climate control. Think a new unit is about £400 - 450ish may have to contact Alfie and buy and fit through Comand, as doesn't seem to be be any on ebay.

My climate systems the same either too hot or too cold.

Your cars are "sub-zero" in terms of MBClub coolness - you should be well chilled! :D

Thanks. With the weather at the mo and winter on the horizon just want to get the system sorted, The experience of your thermo system tells me i should have it done.

That wood upgrade moves the interior into a different class!

Try using a vacuum cleaner to clear the little grill on the front of the thermatic. Found lots of fluff came out of mine, after giving it a good clear out the temperature was much better controlled.

I'm guessing that grill is where the unit measures the temp inside the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom