New Top Gear Series Starts Next Sunday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do we know how much they get paid for each series? I only ask because I'm extremely envious :) :)

I believe May and Hammond are getting a salary bump (!) from circa £15k to about £25k per episode......it's a hard life......

Still good value for money though. I think they are all worthy of their renumeration. A few new ideas wouldnt go amiss, another series with the same format would be OK but any more and it will all get a tad stale.

Some say...

...the Stig has no concept of money.

And that the ejection of snot in both his nostrils is limited to 160km/h :D

How about motoring in the real world?:)

That's what Pulling Power and Fifth Gear are for.

Top Gear is simply an hour of entertainment, and it does that very well indeed.

Top Gear presenters Richard Hammond and James May have agreed to stay with the programme - after getting a £10,000 per episode payrise from the BBC.
Mr Hammond will now get £25,000 a show and Mr May £20,000.
The stars' contracts ran out earlier this week amid negotiations to bring their salaries closer to that enjoyed by the show's star Jeremy Clarkson.
But the pair have verbally confirmed they will re-sign as co-hosts on the BBC2 hit show.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...in-10-000-episode-pay-rise-stay-Top-Gear.html

For just an hour show, is my TV licence worthed it?:eek:

contracts ran out on 31 July, that why there is no show tonight.

the sheer power would leave the atom for dead at the straights and it corners well better than other american cars. did you see the lap time, faster than a zonda and the ring was less than 8 mins
I guess jodie kidd will next on the phone now.

Ariel Atom Supercharged
2.0 litre Honda, 300 bhp, 150 mph
Actually it isn't fast in a straight line as it has the aerodynamics of a building site. However it won the recent Autocar competition for the fastest time from zero to 100 mph and back to zero in just 10.9 seconds, beating cars like the 500 bhp Ford GT. It also went round the Top Gear test track quicker than a Porsche Carrera GT and a McLaren Mercedes SLR. Acceleration of 0-60 mph in 2.9 seconds helps. :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom