New Top Gear Series Starts Next Sunday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Did anyone notice Jaykay mentioning the stig racing around the track in a C63? :devil: Maybe for the next series.....

Or did I misshear that bit!!!

M.

Here the gist..............................

Following Jon Bentley and Jeremy Clarkson's departure in 1999 the Top Gear audience fell from a peak of six million to under three million.[citation needed] Initially, James May took over Clarkson's spot, presenting reviews of the Rover 75 and Lexus IS200, for example. Following Clarkson's departure, the programme was jointly presented by Quentin Willson and Kate Humble, who ran an ongoing test throughout the programme between reports. Brendan Coogan (who had joined in 1998), left the show a year later after being convicted of drunk driving.[8][9] In 2000, Jason Barlow joined from Channel 4's driven, and took over presenting for the final 53 episodes.[10] During Barlow's time at Top Gear viewing figures dropped dramatically. With low viewing figures, the BBC decided on cancelling the programme in 2001.
In 2001, Five launched Fifth Gear, a car show featuring many of the former Top Gear presenters including Tiff Needell, Quentin Willson and Vicki Butler-Henderson as well. The show was produced by former Top Gear producer, Jon Bentley. While the entire production team moved from the BBC to Five to create Fifth Gear, Jason Barlow's involvement ceased. The name change was required as the BBC would not relinquish the rights to the Top Gear name (the corporation was (and is) still publishing Top Gear magazine). [11] After the first series of Fifth Gear was completed, the BBC decided to relaunch Top Gear, but in a new studio-based format as opposed to the magazine format used until the cancellation. The show was again presented by Jeremy Clarkson, joined by Richard Hammond, and James May, from the second series of the current format. The pre-cancellation show is referred to as "Old Top Gear" when mentioned on the new show due to the differences in style.

I bet "codpiece" cowell was spitting feathers last night as he lost his crown. Even if Jaykays time was massaged ever so slightly, it was still good TV. One of the best shows ever.

I thought it was only 1 flying lap after 5 practice laps in this new car, why now take jaykays best lap time?

Did anyone notice Jaykay mentioning the stig racing around the track in a C63? :devil: Maybe for the next series.....

Or did I misshear that bit!!!

M.

I think they have already done that in the C63 black

I thought it was only 1 flying lap after 5 practice laps in this new car, why now take jaykays best lap time?

I thought that too. Maybe the rules have changed Jay did 9 laps.

Do you mean the CLK63 Black? don't think there is a C63 black yet....

M

It runs out of puff at 140mph. Give me the corvette instead.

the sheer power would leave the atom for dead at the straights and it corners well better than other american cars. did you see the lap time, faster than a zonda and the ring was less than 8 mins
I guess jodie kidd will next on the phone now.

the sheer power would leave the atom for dead at the straights and it corners well better than other american cars. did you see the lap time, faster than a zonda and the ring was less than 8 mins
I guess jodie kidd will next on the phone now.

So what was the Atom's lap time....?:D

So what was the Atom's lap time....?:D

well if it rains ? and you do not have an umbrella 0.00secs. . it never went around the ring and you can not have it with airconditioning:D

I'm sure they made a big issue of saying with this latest format you had that one racing lap and if you blew it then tough! Perhaps far to many people could not cope with the pressure of just one lap?

I wonder how long they will milk this so called contest for? Has the Stig gone round in 1:44.4 sec? If so then I would expect these two very rich, and very good drivers to eventually break the 1:45sec barrier. (question)

recycled said:
I have seen Clarkson play with it but I must have missed the Stig doing his thing?

Regards
John

I'm sure they made a big issue of saying with this latest format you had that one racing lap and if you blew it then tough! Perhaps far to many people could not cope with the pressure of just one lap?

I wonder how long they will milk this so called contest for? Has the Stig gone round in 1:44.4 sec? If so then I would expect these two very rich, and very good drivers to eventually break the 1:45sec barrier. (question)

I have seen Clarkson play with it but I must have missed the Stig doing his thing?

Regards
John

Nah, the stig hasn't taken it, or the C63 around yet. After the M3/RS4/C63 test he is probably scared of it :D

another very short series... :(

how many weeks was it on for? about 5???

6 weeks, + 2 specials, 1 to the north pole and the ground force one, still short of the season average of 10

6 weeks, + 2 specials, 1 to the north pole and the ground force one, still short of the season average of 10
Do we know how much they get paid for each series? I only ask because I'm extremely envious :) :)

Regards
John the envious

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom