Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How's everyone's OS windscreen wiper performing? Mine judders on the way "up", it's as if the windscreen isn't slippery enough. Either that, or there's not enough pressure on the wiper arm i.e. the spring is too weak. This has been happening since new but I've yet to have a moan at the dealership.

Car's been in for its first service today and I had mentioned this little niggle. They promptly replaced both blades FOC so hopefully that'll cure it - initial tests look promising.

There are a few posts 10 or so pages back discussing how the average minute by minute consumption graph in the centre display maxes out at 50mpg. Although some owners are able to see data up to 80mpg.

Does anyone know if there is a SW update from MB available which improves the data displayed for imperial users?

Yes, mine got sorted on Monday. The car went in for its first service last week and I asked the technician to check it out. I was the first to bring it up apparently, which I find a bit surprising. Anyway, the initial update didn't cure it so I had to take it back on Monday after the technician had consulted MB UK. Perhaps most folk don't really pay much attention to this graph? OCD feature, maybe.

Also, for those that can see higher mpg averages in the centre display, can you see higher than 40mpg in the current mpg reading in the in-dash display (on the graph which also shows tank range)?

I am fairly certain this is a SW issue, as it was originally designed for L/Km where the lower the figure is better the economy. A poor SW conversion has been done for the imperial users. The graphs make much more sense on this Germans blokes live consumption (YouTube Link).

Has anyone managed to get a SW update to rectify this? Thanks.

I don't believe there is an update for this (yet). Whilst mine was in for servicing I had a loan car, a 63 plate C250 CDI Estate, which showed the average minute by minute consumption graph correctly, but the centre display bar only went up to 40mpg.

The above loan car had an option on the centre dash that mine doesn have, called "Assist. Graphic", which when you activated it displayed a picture of the front of the car. Didn't seem to do anything else. Does anyone know what this is for?

Last edited:
This:

ForumRunner_20131127_194404.jpg

Guessing it'll be something to do with the Drivers' package?

Once you had selected it:

ForumRunner_20131127_194629.jpg

Yes, mine got sorted on Monday. The car went in for its first service last week and I asked the technician to check it out. I was the first to bring it up apparently, which I find a bit surprising. Anyway, the initial update didn't cure it so I had to take it back on Monday after the technician had consulted MB UK. Perhaps most folk don't really pay much attention to this graph? OCD feature, maybe.

I don't believe there is an update for this (yet). Whilst mine was in for servicing I had a loan car, a 63 plate C250 CDI Estate, which showed the average minute by minute consumption graph correctly, but the centre display bar only went up to 40mpg.

I thought that on my 2012 E coupe display. However if you opt for the full screen, it shows up to 50mpg. Shame it doesn't go up to 60mpg!

I thought that on my 2012 E coupe display. However if you opt for the full screen, it shows up to 50mpg. Shame it doesn't go up to 60mpg!

Sorry I'm not sure I follow - are you saying that in order for the in-dash mpg bar to go up to 50mpg you have to have the full (COMAND) screen? That would seem odd, if that were the case.

Edit: sorry I realise I wrongly referred to the "in-dash console" as "centre console" in my earlier post, perhaps that confused matters.

Sorry I'm not sure I follow - are you saying that in order for the in-dash mpg bar to go up to 50mpg you have to have the full (COMAND) screen? That would seem odd, if that were the case.

Edit: sorry I realise I wrongly referred to the "in-dash console" as "centre console" in my earlier post, perhaps that confused matters.

OK. And I do so agree with you. When the MB stated fuel consumption is over 50, why doesn't the readout go over 40! Maybe they know something there!

I agree - OCD feature. Would love to know after you get your update if you can find a few good coasting downhills how many minutes you can get close to 80mpg. I haven't had to go back to my dealer yet, but will mention to them at next service. Thanks.

OBC Accuracy?

After 10k miles and a year the fuel consumption is shown on my OBC as 44.8 MPG. The true fuel consumption is actually 41.85 MPG.

About 7.5% optimistic. My old BMW had a correction factor you could enter, a feature lacking in MB it seems.

Is this fairly typical? Is it STAR correctable?

Not that I'm OCD, but if the feature is there I'd like it to be a bit more accurate:)

OBC Accuracy?

After 10k miles and a year the fuel consumption is shown on my OBC as 44.8 MPG. The true fuel consumption is actually 41.85 MPG.

About 7.5% optimistic. My old BMW had a correction factor you could enter, a feature lacking in MB it seems.

Not that I'm OCD, but if the feature is there I'd like it to be a bit more accurate:)

That is something I mentioned a few years ago as being very desirable when I had a C class. Now I have the E coupe I have found that the OBC is rather more accurate but it would be good to be able to input a correction factor, if MB are unable to make the OBC more accurate!

Hi guys. I have recently bought a W204 C220 and need some advice on some winter wheels. I can get wheels that carry the same rolling diameter but im struggling with offset sizes due to the bigger brakes. Does anyone know what offset sizes I need for 16 or probably 17 inch wheels. Has any one got a set that worked. Curent wheels are 225/40/18 ET50. Thanks

Hi guys. I have recently bought a W204 C220 and need some advice on some winter wheels. I can get wheels that carry the same rolling diameter but im struggling with offset sizes due to the bigger brakes. Does anyone know what offset sizes I need for 16 or probably 17 inch wheels. Has any one got a set that worked. Curent wheels are 225/40/18 ET50. Thanks

I have responded to your duplicated post over in the 'winter wheels' thread.

OBC Accuracy?

I have covered nearly 10K miles since I have been keeping tabs with Fuelly. Over the same period, my OBC is showing average of 47.1 (only seems to go up in steps - 46.3, 47.1, 47.8, 48.3 etc). My Fuelly average is 47.6. Around 2K miles ago, the OBC average was also 47.1 whereas the Fuelly avg was in the 48's.

I was surprised that the OBC was reading under, thought it would be displaying over. Although, I do have a very easy commute to work. Was getting low to mid 50s going to work. This has dropped in the colder and wet weather.

My car was made June 2012, if that makes any difference.

OBC Accuracy?

I've done about 8000 miles in my C350 CDI now - average for a tank has been anything from 33mpg to 44mpg according to the OBC. Calculated average has been consistently 2.4-2.5mpg worse every time. I had expected it would be a percentage out, but the fact that it's a fixed figure makes me think it couldn't easily be corrected anyway.

At least it's easy to work out the actual mpg reliably, and it feel better to see 37mpg on the display than 34.5mpg...

C180 AMG Sport Plus Tyre Pressure Sticker

The tyre pressure sticker on my 2012 C180 AMG Sport Plus is inside the full filler flap, but it does not show the pressures for the tyre sizes.

pressures.JPG

The tyres fitted to this model are

225 / 40 R 18 on Front
255 / 35 R 18 on Rear

The sticker only has pressures for 16".

I was wondering if any other C180 AMG Sport Plus owners could send me a photo of their pressures sticker, perhaps it has a code on it so I could request the correct sticker from the dealer.

Thanks.

This is from a 2.2 litre diesel 2012 C class estate -don't think they are different from the saloon petrol/diesel ? I reckon 32 front 34 rear is a good start point and then adjust to suit ride /handling preference. It's well known that Mercedes[ IN COMMON WITH OTHER MANUFACTURERS ] now over inflate their tyres wrt load capacity to achieve better CO2 emission figures.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom