New website launched - feedback appreciated.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alfie

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
W169 A, W205 C, R172 SLC, W447 vantastic
We have just launched a new look webshop at ;

Comand Online Ltd

Would appreciate feedback on what the members here think. Good and not so good feedback welcomed as long as its constructive. Thanks.

Will have a proper look later - initial thoughts are the design is nice and clean.

Two comments though:

1. No visual to show which item in the Navigation menus are hovered over except alt text showing number of products in the category.

2. List of featured products is quite long.

Homepage - rather bland (sorry) and not instantly obvious what it is that you do and sell. A large picture or photo may be better than just words. Font rather small at my resolution (1600x1200). It took me quite a while to find the link to actually start shopping.

The Category tab on the left should be on the homepage IMHO

Worth having a FAQ page including T&Cs etc

http://www.comandonline.co.uk/www.comandeurope.com does not work (404 error)

HTH and good luck

The look of the new site is nice.

The banner could be larger or have larger text. The words IN CAR NAVIGATION PHONE & AV SUPPLIERS is small and not clearly visible.

The line of text with the telephone number and links to home page, shopping cart etc would be better placed under the banner.

Would agree with the above, in the Help part add a faq, t&cs, and maybe also an about us and a delivery info page.

On all the other pages apart from the home page the your cart part and help part are under the categories section on the left hand side menu. It would be better to have the same on the home page too.

Featured items list could be smaller.

And as Bobby said no visusal indication of which item in the navigation you have hovered over.

Example of homepage with some of the above changes:

Attachments

• site.jpg
    site.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Very professional as we would expect from you!
"Contact Us" and "Comand Europe" links don't seem to work in Firefox. "Contact us" works ok in IE but "Comand Europe" as above. Regards, Jeff.

My pet hate with all companies is only advertising an 0845 number. Most if not all of the UK now have unlimited calls within their phone packages except when dialling 0845 numbers. I suggest you add your actual numbers as well....

I also consider the home page a little 'Busy'.. Sometimes 'less is more'.

The colour scheme doesn't grab your attention either.

To be brutally honest, it looks like an off the shelf site that you have added your own words to.

I would probably add a link within the menu on the left for featured products. Then you can include some more information about your company on the front page. You should also try to restrict the content so that the 'home' page can be displayed completely on a viewers screen.

Home page could include company history, a bit more on what you sell / services offered. With a bit more colour or pictures of install service as well as words.

As suggested above, I would use a slightly different font.

Last edited:
Just checked a few items and not all have "SKU" codes so that could be confusing for people asking questions or ordering.

Fixed width - one of my pet hates. Banner isn't the full width - would better if iit was. Very pale a bolder colour scheme would help. (All IMHO of course)

Not a fan of the 'logo' at all, the green online writing looks very '1994 sports hall booklet' :)

Thanks chaps this is just the sort of feedback we need. Keep it coming.

Pricing looks odd on this item - MB recomended price below yours.

Mercedes iPod kit for E, CLS (W211/W219)
This is the Mercedes iPod kit for the Mercedes E and CLS class cars with DVD based COMAND APS navigation. It is for MY2008 and before, not for the MY2009 cars.

Mercedes UK Retail price is £210. Mercedes Benz part number: B6 782 4239
Our price: £219.00

I think it's clean, clear and easy to navigate. Almost Apple-esque - the company, not the fruit! :) Yes, compared to MSN.com or a tabloid web site it looks bland or pale but after spending a full working day in front of the screen I find it a nice change from all the 'blingy' sites out there.

On the help zone page the third link doesn't go anywhere.

Plus 10 points for no flash content!

Got tempted to order an iPod kit for the W164 now...

Cheers,
Matt

The blurb for the "Teleatlas DX UK & Ireland 2009/2010 with TMC & Major Roads of Western Europe " CD doesn't render properly as shown below. Some very strange symbols appear in it. This may well apply to other links as well.

Alfa-Romeo [DX]
Audi [Navigation Plus RNS4.X (>12.99)/Navigation BNS4.X (in A2/A3/TT>07.01, A4>11.00, A6>05.01, A8>01.01]
Fiat [DX]
Ford [TravelPilot (≥03.01), MFD (≥01.01)]
Honda [TravelPilot DX-N]
Lancia [DX]
Maserati Quattroporte (M139)
Mercedes-Benz [COMAND DX (CD based) in: C-Class (07.99 – 03.04), CL-Class (09.99 – 09.03), CLK-Class (04.99 – 06.04), E-Class (Lim.: 04.99 – 03.02) (T: 04.99 – 03.03), G-Class (06.00 – 04.07), M-Class (04.00 – 07.05), S-Class (09.99 – 09.03), SL (10.01 – 06.04)/not for use in Auto Pilot System or Audio 30/50 APS), or COMAND DVD based systems]

Win7 64 bit IE 8.0.7600.16385

Last edited:
Thanks for all the feedback so far ! Please keep it coming ..

rees_a: It is "just" a modified XCART that handles UK VAT properly.

I've been tweaking the css to implement some of the changes properly - but a lot of learning on the fly to do many of the suggestions.

npuk: - how did you do that "mock" up), I prefer your 2 column featured products under the right column with the cart/help on the left as it is on all the other pages on the site.

all: Less featured products now, I had added some to get columns of 3 following a theme, but yes it was too much

all: I do agree we need a picture of what we do - but that is rather hard :)

Stratman: Theres strange text in places from cut and paste (and I think the newest xcart version uses different character sets, or is more strict with them, than older versions), I will go through most of the pages over the next few days

wemorgan: The T&C should never have disappeared from the Help section (it breaks the law otherwise, and is back now), and a FAQ etc would be good (so will add soon)

Thank you again all !!

Richard

First look, front page a lot to take in at once.

Clicked on an item and the odd text appears "MB UK RRP £320.54" (the A)

Edit, this is happening all over the place. Weired A's apperaing

When you hover over the menu it states the menus and sub menu amounts?

Only had a 2 min look but they stood out to me.

npuk: - how did you do that "mock" up), I prefer your 2 column featured products under the right column with the cart/help on the left as it is on all the other pages on the site.

I just took a screendump and edited it in photoshop to show what it would look like. Obviously it is not as simple as that for you. What are you using to create / edit the site?

I just took a screendump and edited it in photoshop to show what it would look like. Obviously it is not as simple as that for you. What are you using to create / edit the site?

The site is 'smarty' templates. So i'm just editing the templates and css files directly to move the sections around

(so moving the logo up and the top text down was easy, but re-arranging the boxes is more difficult)

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom