Oops!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CE230

Car
230CE
Friends wife got side swioed by a police van this morning
DSC00059.jpg

She was following a police van that started to make a left turn, she carried straight on but the van suddenly swung right and into the side of the car in order to do a 360. The top was cut off as she complained of neck pain that turned out to be whiplash fortunately.

img%5D

Oh dear. I wonder if the cop's finished filling in his forms yet, & his application to go on foot patrol ! :doh:

Thats frightening! Lucky she was in a car and not on bike or she would most likely have been killed!

Hope she's ok.

Cheers,
C

She was following a police van that started to make a left turn, she carried straight on but the van suddenly swung right and into the side of the car in order to do a 360. The top was cut off as she complained of neck pain that turned out to be whiplash fortunately.

You'd not think someone would end up with whiplash from a dented n/s door...

Shame they cut off the roof from and otherwise perfectly drivable car.

I wonder why my insurance keeps going up......

Ouch!
She was following a police van that started to make a left turn, she carried straight on but the van suddenly swung right and into the side of the car in order to do a 360.
180 degrees though surely? :)

She sat in the car after the impact ? she didn't get out ? Hence why they cut the roof off ?

Its only a dent in the door !! Didn't think you could get whiplash from a sideswipe ....

Remember , where there's blame , there's a claim !

Looks like a fiat i wouldnt want to open the door on one either:D
Reckon Howards spot on blame claim:rolleyes:

Lynall

hope shes ok, she can get loads of compensation though

hope shes ok, she can get loads of compensation though

If it were the other way 'round she'd be locked up and the copper would be pensioned off with stress!

But seriously, hope she's OK. These things can leave people distressed for a while. Take care of her mate:thumb:

She doing fine thanks, she stayed in the car as she didn't feel too good and complained of neck pain to the paramedics so the roof was cut off and she was taken to hospital for checks that resulted in nothing more than a whiplash diagnosis.

She doing fine thanks, she stayed in the car as she didn't feel too good and complained of neck pain to the paramedics so the roof was cut off and she was taken to hospital for checks that resulted in nothing more than a whiplash diagnosis.

Whiplash is a bit of a bugger - can last for a while, but at least that's all it was.

As for claiming - I don't know about that one. The emergency services are notoriously difficult to claim anything from - even when it's clearly their fault. I know of one person who's still trying to claim 6 months after having the front end of his car ripped off by a policeman who ran a red light...

Didn't think you could get whiplash from a sideswipe ....

Whiplash from a sideswipe can be more severe than a rear end impact. In a rear end shunt the head only travels forwards and then backwards which results in whiplash. In a side swipe or side impact the head normally moves at 45 degrees away from the body but on the return starts to swivel doing damage to neck muscles etc.. Most motorsports neck injuries are caused by sideswipes or side impacts and the reason why most competitors wear neck braces, its also one of the reason the HANS device was introduced into F1 to support the head and neck on impact.

Whiplash from a sideswipe can be more severe than a rear end impact. In a rear end shunt the head only travels forwards and then backwards which results in whiplash. In a side swipe or side impact the head normally moves at 45 degrees away from the body but on the return starts to swivel doing damage to neck muscles etc.. Most motorsports neck injuries are caused by sideswipes or side impacts and the reason why most competitors wear neck braces, its also one of the reason the HANS device was introduced into F1 to support the head and neck on impact.

Not just from car accidents either, my wife was forced to take ill health retirement after a sideways whiplash from a football that struck the side of her head while on playground duty. :cool:

Not just from car accidents either, my wife was forced to take ill health retirement after a sideways whiplash from a football that struck the side of her head while on playground duty. :cool:

ooh sorry to hear that but it shows just how nasty sideways whiplash can be. I hope she recovered OK and suffered no permanent damage.

regards
Ian

Where are the photos? I can't see them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom