'Opentrack' trackday at Goodwood 17/9/16

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
seems it is just the 4 of us from this forum, weather still looking OK, hopefully a fun day out.:D

Sorry about this, just a clash of dates with MSL happening on the same weekend. I hope you have a good one.

PS. Dave, our E63's suspension isn't any good at Goodwood, too soft! :D

Enjoy all,

Work freed up the day but I checked and it's a 95db day so wouldn't of worked for me.

Hope you have a good one Ricky. :)

As Bruno mentioned, most of us are at MSL for the weekend, though even so mine wouldn't be ready anyway as it's on a "running in" thing with some new bits.

Oh, and it's too loud. :(

Sorry about this, just a clash of dates with MSL happening on the same weekend. I hope you have a good one.

PS. Dave, our E63's suspension isn't any good at Goodwood, too soft! :D

Enjoy all,

Work freed up the day but I checked and it's a 95db day so wouldn't of worked for me.

Thx for the replies here guys, I know the clash of dates is not good news, sure Acids do will be as good as ever, have fun.

Whilst there is one further Charity track day a few of us are doing in October, that will be it for the year, although pistonheads forum has run a Goodwood December day last 2 years, a few here went, but nothing confirmed to that event currently.

However, a few of us are going to book Rockingham for a day next year, and also whilst quite expensive, if the 2 E55 currently under modification works get finished, at least 1 Vmax event that a couple here, plusc myself wil go to, and we the few no doubt will fit in the usual Goodwood track days as well, see some of you in the next few weeks, and hopefully a few more of you in next years events, always something to look forward to!:thumb:

Last edited:
Good to meet everyone today and drive Goodwood for the first time, shame it ended up as sessions instead of one in one out.

Great to meet you, and the others too. Glad you had a good day - your car sounded superb.

It definitely wasn't as slick as a usual Goodwood run day, the marshalls all seemed to be grumpy - even I got black flagged and I like to think I obey the rules pretty well as I must have driven it 10 or so times. But there is no point in arguing...I will just have to repolish my halo!

S

I saw you get black flagged, did they say why? I got the noise board on my last session.

The marshals were definitely grumpy......I mentioned to a friend of mine that the Atom seemed to be flying round so he pressed a button on his watch to time his lap and one of the marshals went off on one. The guy was going on about pulling the Atom in even though we didn't know him. If it wasn't for the fact I was about to go out for my last session I would told him to stop being a t**t

Overtaking at Lavant. I stayed behind the other car through the whole St Mary complex as per the rules and then got the momentum up, we both hit the apex of Lavant, he moved right after the apex and I went past him on the outside at the exit. But there is no point arguing, and the marshall stated back in the pits "I didn't see it with my own eyes so can't comment". But I didn't see any point in arguing or being rude so took on the chin and queued up again. But I have done that manoeuvre many times without being black flagged.

And why would you be warned about noise at your last session - did you change your exhaust half way through the day (I know you had a pit crew buy really ;) ). Surely you would have picked up a warning in your first session.

The noise report is here:
https://www.goodwood.com/globalasse...er/daily-noise-report-17th-september-2016.pdf
Very strange day, I wonder if there was friction between Goodwood and the Opentrack guys - but every time I have been previously and Goodwood are organising the day fully it is fine.

We'll keep you posted on the next one - I quite fancy Rockingham once the new car arrives.

S

Last edited:
Good to meet Ricky, Simon and audio addict, nice to chat and meet some familiar names and be able to match them up to faces.​

Overtaking at Lavant. I stayed behind the other car through the whole St Mary complex as per the rules and then got the momentum up, we both hit the apex of Lavant, he moved right after the apex and I went past him on the outside at the exit. But there is no point arguing, and the marshall stated back in the pits "I didn't see it with my own eyes so can't comment". But I didn't see any point in arguing or being rude so took on the chin and queued up again. But I have done that manoeuvre many times without being black flagged.

And why would you be warned about noise at your last session - did you change your exhaust half way through the day (I know you had a pit crew buy really ;) ). Surely you would have picked up a warning in your first session.

The noise report is here:
https://www.goodwood.com/globalasse...er/daily-noise-report-17th-september-2016.pdf
Very strange day, I wonder if there was friction between Goodwood and the Opentrack guys - but every time I have been previously and Goodwood are organising the day fully it is fine.

We'll keep you posted on the next one - I quite fancy Rockingham once the new car arrives.

S

Oh I see you didn't get black flagged for anything major then, definitely not worth arguing otherwise they might just say go home.

It was a strange one with the noise because I hadn't done anything with the car.
Pit crew lol.......did you see how old they were :rolleyes:
One of them was my Dad, the other one is the mechanic we use for our vans at work (he races a Hilman Imp).

As others have already said, really was good to meet a few new people down at GW, Mor8a and Audio Addict amongst them. I would agree the marshals did limit the use of the track during the day due to noise, but having spoken with one of the marshals late afternoon, it appears they have an overall noise limit for the day, which means they feather out the noise as they are able to during the sessions, hence 10 cars one session 6 cars the next. I had already been told early AM that they had a lot of noisy cars, so it was not going to get any better, but I do like Goodwood, yes it's costly, but a great track, but I do appreciate peoples comments on the flagging on this day, really held the day back, possible one of the worst days I had experienced there, so a little disappointing, but will return there next year, but hopefully get a Rockingham day in as well.:D

first time I have over heated this set of brakes, I was on a mission chasing you, it was a fun afternoon,:D I have just brought a set of race tyres for me to play with, look forward to another day to go out and play, thanks for the pic mate.:thumb:

You did what??? :D

Only kidding Ricky! Hope you're well ;)

You did what??? :D

Only kidding Ricky! Hope you're well ;)

Yes good mate, was back at Goodwood yesterday on a charity day, with a friend and a couple of other guys here, tracking our cars, plus tracking a few AM,s and Jag,s some serious cars were there to play with, fun day, brakes where fine, and cars is in good nick, albeit given the cars tested, its feeling very old and slow unfortunately, but these cars were well beyond my pocket, but where fun to test on track for a few laps, a good day out. See you soon my friend. ;)

Hi Ricky bit of a late reply but just wanted to add a big thankyou for the full on laps of Goodwood a real eye opener , not sure old and slow is how I would describe your car cheers Bruce.

Hi Ricky bit of a late reply but just wanted to add a big thankyou for the full on laps of Goodwood a real eye opener , not sure old and slow is how I would describe your car cheers Bruce.

it was good see you and your son down there mate, always appreciate your enthusiasm for the big ole V8amg sound and the numerous times you come down to GW to keep us all company on these track days:thumb: whilst i appreciate your comments, sadly the likes of the modern car, washes straight over my 10 year old car, I still have fun in it, its a fast car for a big ole 10 year car, but the need to move on increases every time I go out to play, its just an judgement of what I want to do, over what I can afford to do against what my e55 currently can or cannot do!!:doh: this said, still involved in getting a good group of us out there to play, enquires at rockingham turned out to be more expensive than Goodwood, who'd have believed that, trying to sort a long weekend out at Spa, seems a lot more interest with the guys to go out there than GW at the moment, so hopefully something to look forward to next spring time. Thanks again Bruce, hopefully catch up on another day down at GW without doubt, a great track, R:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom