Ordering Licence Plates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was wondering about MBclub.co.uk or forum name..

Can you do me a pair of club ones. I'll pay ,no probs..

Yes to all the above... Mine is computer based, supplied by Signam, one of the largest suppliers of plate making machines.

It all has to be legal otherwise it wont print it.

That's perfect. I will order a set when I receive my new registration mark.

Ooohh - sounds interesting - I quite fancy one with a surround / backing plate type thing for the back of mine, and my front one has stonechips...

Maybe we can have an "official" mbclub plate...

Plates you buy online, without the maker's name & postcode, are not legal in the UK and will fail an MOT at some point in the future. So you might as well buy legal plates

Sorry but thats rubbish, just MOT'd a car and a bike with on-line plates on they do not even look at MOT as long as the font and spacing are legal. I assume you are commenting on somthing that you "Think" will happen rather than somthing you actually have any experience of.

don't be so hasty, I remember well that they tightened the rules last year, then rescinded them due to the number of failures.

So they rescinded them..................................that means your car will not fail an MOT if the maker and postcode are missing. Continue being hasty in your own time :p

From the VOSA link:
Special Notice 8 - 2007 introduced additional checks to number plates and due to technical reasons some of these are being temporarily suspended.

Probably regret this.

I've now hand my plates on several cars, Bought from www.fancyplates.com never had a problem re: MOT / Police or anything else.

As a Family we have a fair few plates and again neither of us had any problems.

I guess some of you maybe just plain unlucky? However the plate is easy to read / size etc.

Sorry but thats rubbish, just MOT'd a car and a bike with on-line plates on they do not even look at MOT as long as the font and spacing are legal. I assume you are commenting on somthing that you "Think" will happen rather than somthing you actually have any experience of.

Before you comment on the law and the lack of anyone else's knowledge of it you might wish to read this:

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/media/pdf/leaflets/v796.pdf

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

So it can't be an MOT fail then?

Yes that's what it says. They have temporarily removed from the MOT test the checks on the legality of the number plate. You can still get done for it by the police though.

Yep, those are the regulations that have been revoked by the special notice previously posted. What is your point?

Think you are confused. The only thing that has changed is that compliance with those regs. is - temporarily - not being checked as part of the MOT. They are still a legal requirement, and as already mentioned you can be prosecuted by the police for failing to observe them.

confused? nope. The only point in any of my posts relates to whether a vehicle will pass an MOT I have not mentioned legal compliance (although others have), the fact is that currently a vehicle will pass an MOT without the makers name and a post code. I canno't see how that is confused in any way.........................maybe you can enlighten me?

It wont change the fact that two of my vehicles have passed an MOT in the last 6 weeks without the markings, this is fact not documents copied from the internet.

Peace

Just a point to note regarding the makers name law.

Nothing to stop you ordering a plate online and putting whatever slogan you want at the bottom (which could include a name and postcode).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom