Phase two of the 2 year Benz affair.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st4

Banned
Car
C220cdi tourer
2 weeks ago I washed, waxed my car with very impressive Colinte wax.

As the weather was nice today I deciced I wanted to go for a long drive in the car. So I did.

I left Helensburgh approx 11am. Drove up Loch Lomand, through Glencoe and onto Ft William. This road is legenedary and allowed for some lovely pics of Glen Coe for which I hope you enjoy.

From FT William I headed onto Spean Bridge, then to Newtwonmore which is in the Cairngorm National Park. I took some pics of Loch Laggan on the way and I beleive this is where "Monarch of the Glen" was filmed.

I then headed back much the way I came bar a section of the A9 so I could detour via Dalwhinnie, then back to the A86 to Ft William, then home.

Enjoy the pics.

DSC00214.jpg

DSC00221.jpg

DSC00224.jpg

DSC00232.jpg

DSC00234.jpg

DSC00241.jpg

DSC00244.jpg

DSC00248.jpg

DSC00256.jpg

DSC00257.jpg

DSC00260.jpg

DSC00261.jpg

DSC00264.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00279.jpg

DSC00281.jpg

DSC00285.jpg

DSC00290.jpg

Sure is pretty up there ...

Superb day out as discussed earlier on the phone. Great pics.

There are so many superb areas of Scotland to discover - you can truly experience four seasons in a day if you are 'lucky'

awesome pictures! i love driving through amazing scenery and taking pictures.

Glen Coe is a lovely area, I've been there quite a few times myself and if there were any of my kind of engineering jobs I'd be there in a flash :)

Very envious!

Nice pictures Steve.

No sign of the future Mrs *** anywhere?

Where was the hydro dam?

Nice pics of a beautiful part of the country Steve. Looks like your car could use another wash now though! :D

Superb day out as discussed earlier on the phone. Great pics.

There are so many superb areas of Scotland to discover - you can truly experience four seasons in a day if you are 'lucky'

I got the best 2-Spring and summer :D

No sign of the future Mrs *** anywhere?

Where was the hydro dam?

Hydro Dam is @ the bottom (SW) end of Loch Laggan. You are about 10 miles NE of Roy Bridge.

The "future Mrs ***" was @ work so went alone, we are off out after my work today which finishes at 4pm (and the 1st thing I've done @ work is logon here !!!)

WOW! Great view your lucky to have such view, w211 fits in there quite nicely too!!!

The 211 made the 300mile journey so comfortable and it was good fun to drive, makes you appreciate the car and where I live so much more when you get the chance to get out and enjoy it.

I knew there was something I missed about my last home.....mind you, I have kept it for the day I when I give it all up and head for the long and happy retirement.

I must progamme a driving holiday into next years time off. At least I know where to go again.

you should put those pics in snaps.

Great Pictures
Can't wait till June when I will be there for a week long photograpy trip

Stunning scenery, thank you. With luck I shall be driving the same routes in May when I have a week touring the Highlands after a big wine bash in Glasgow.

Nice pics..:thumb: Love Scottish scenery - looking forward to my annual pilgrimage to Tongue & Durness....awesome area

Great pictures there - you're lucky having that on your doorstep. In contrast I have....mmm....the M1 with what must be the longest 50mph 'average speed controlled' section in the UK! :crazy:

Great pictures there - you're lucky having that on your doorstep. In contrast I have....mmm....the M1 with what must be the longest 50mph 'average speed controlled' section in the UK! :crazy:

A C63 really would have been fun for this trip, expensive fun mind you, but FUN!!!

You really should come up here and do some proper driving :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom