Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well,how about that! Jolly good show then! :D Hmmmmmm....

So what were the missing options??

I am picking up an approved used Merc on saturday.

My bank has paid them the money today, dealer has confirmed all funds have been recieved and car will be ready for pick up on saturday.

I have now discovered the car is missing 3 options quoted as fitted, a mate who is a Merc nutter popped in to see the car yesterday and checked the car over for me.

He did not mention the missing options to the dealer.

My question is, when I pick up the car this weekend and I mention the missing options ??? what will the dealer do.

1. Arrange for options to be fitted at no cost to me.

2. Arrange for options to be fitted and expect me to pay.

3. Just say hard cheese mate.

I'm paying a tad more than 30k for the car, the missing options have a value of more than 1k, the missing options can all be fitted at a dealer.

Any views most welcome, am sure I will not be the first customer to find this problem.

TIA, Value.

Had you actually seen the car yourself before this mate 'popped in to check it over ?

If not , I'd guess distance selling regulations apply and you have the legal right to reject the car and walk away : this should give you some bargaining power as the garage will not want to lose the sale .

If they don't want to fit the options or give you a cash settlement , you may be able to haggle for free servicing ( less cost to them but good value to you ) or an extended or enhanced warranty ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom