Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You can get an agreement to sort it on Saturday and then take your car back and leave it with him for a day while he sorts it.

Try this before you get in contact - it may help.

Good point.
When I've bought something exciting I really really want it and I'm counting the hours until i can have it.

I can't think of anything worse than waiting for collection day (with appropriate palpitations) and then facing the possibiity of having to leave it, lose it or take it back.

on the approved used website- they do state a disclaimer in the fine print regarding each advertised car.

you can always tell them you no longer want the car. or else insist on having the car only with the options you were led to believe the car had...

honest (though in my opinion wholly avoidable) errors do occur. i was told that my current one had paddle shifts (as per the website info on the car) but on asking they told me it didn't (and i didn't expect it to as it's avant-garde and not the sport model)...

However , without casting aspersions ....

Imagine if someone who knew a bit about MB's picked out a car that had been wrongly advertised , say the wrong options were listed on the ad ?

He/She thinks to themselves ,'They've misrepresented that car , and it's a good price , i might be able to capitalise on this !'

He/She agrees to buy the car , but keeps schtum about the missing options ...

Off they go to collect the car , when they are there , they kick up merry hell ( on a weekend of all times when the dealership will be full of people !! ;) ) hoping that to prevent a scene , the dealer will agree to fit the options at no extra cost !! :eek:

Imagine if that happened ?

What is more likely is that the dealer will just say ' Sorry , we mis-typed the advert , you can have your money back if you like ' , or ' i'll throw in a set of mats and a service as an apology '

.......... the dealer will just say ' Sorry , we mis-typed the advert ...............

After all, the OP mistyped "motoring" :devil:

15320283_400x400.png

Get on to the Mercedes USED car locator website and look for your car. With a bit of luck it has not been removed yet. You should be able to save the file and get a printout of the description which should list the options.

He probably contacted the dealer but refused to tell them his name.

I read lots on here but rarely post....

But the OP is an idiot and deserves to get his cheque thrown back at him.
We all make make mistakes in life... I hope they wont sell you the car.

A man who can buy a 30k Merc can`t be an idiot.

If he chooses to keep his cards close to his chest, then so be it.

He asked for opinions, and he got them, plenty; and he thanked us for them. Whether he acts on our advice is again entirely up to him.

I hope he updates us next week.

Perhaps part of the problem is with the MBuk set up; Chrome and glass showrooms, but filled with smarmy gits who know all about MBfinance deals, Glasses guides and the rest, but very little about motor cars.

He asked for opinions, and he got them, plenty; and he thanked us for them. Whether he acts on our advice is again entirely up to him.

I hope he updates us next week.

Think he has already disappeared.

My personal opinion would have been speaking to the dealer asap as many here has adviced to have it rectified between themselves.

Last edited:
I agree about the MB UK showrooms, I've very rarely come across an MB salesman who knows squat about cars!

But, the OP has appeared to play a very strange game with the dealer, which I fear won't get him what he desires. As an ex-dealer myself, HONESTY and being UPFRONT are the KEY and will get you more respect and ultimately move you closer to the result you want (if indeed it's possible or warranted in this case).

No doubt we'll get an update next week saying , oh yes they agreed to fit everything FOC , and threw in a holiday to the Maldives for good measure. ;)

Thanks for all the posts/info, most helpful.

I picked up the car today, I asked them to confirm the spec items of the car and show/confirm items fitted.

That's when the the show started, lots of different peope started to appear, they looked un-happy.

I was then asked to take a coffee and give them them a few minutes to make sure they had the correct info.

I was then called back to the office, they said, car had some features missing and some extra features fitted not listed ?

They asked my views.

I said I am not happy with missing features, but features fitted are very ok, so I will accept car if you make a good will token in my favour.

They agreed a very good will token in my favour, so I drove car away in less than an hour.

As previous, the posts on here allowed me make a well informed decision on how to handle todays events.

Think I got a good result, I am happy.

Tkx to all...

Any prospect of some details after all our hard work?

Tks all.

I am not an options person. but I must admit they are very nice.

I did not account for all this missing one's, but they were happy I took the car and got an extra better overall value.

I think an extra manager was at the dealer today, maybe an over manager, but I think picking up on a saturday was lucky for me today.

Cheers..VM

We are wasting our time here, the OP is clearly playing games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom