• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Pic's of my new car.... S65AMG V12 Twin Turbo W221

I was out last night in central London ( Convent Gardens )

The car gets so much attention. People seem to like the car.

There are some nice places for good pics in central London but by the time we were done, it was too dark to take any photos
I took this photo as I parked up so I knew where the car was.

Once I forgot where I parked my car in central London and we found it at 5am 🤣 We walked for nearly 5 hours trying to figure out where the car was :oops:
It was a few years ago but since then, I always take pics of the street I park just in case

Hello everyone, I hope you're all keeping well :)

I haven't been active for a few months as have been concentrating on other things.

A few things have been done to the S65AMG and the S63AMG since I last posted an update but every time I post anything, I tend to go into all the details and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not 😁

Hello everyone, I hope you're all keeping well :)

I haven't been active for a few months as have been concentrating on other things.

A few things have been done to the S65AMG and the S63AMG since I last posted an update but every time I post anything, I tend to go into all the details and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not 😁
I’ve been missing your detailed posts with excellent shiny car pics …keep em coming , the longer the better !

Please post up, haven't seen in a long time since the brief meet at CAS 😄

I’ve been missing your detailed posts with excellent shiny car pics …keep em coming , the longer the better !

Thank you! Nice to see some members also enjoy reading the thread and what goes on to maintaining this cars :)

Please post up, haven't seen in a long time since the brief meet at CAS 😄

Hello @badgx!
I feel so bad that I didn’t manage to speak to you and your son longer. I’m sorry, I thought I’d get a chance to properly introduce myself but as you probably noticed the guy that got a bit excited about my car, once he got in, he didn’t want to get out of the car 🤣.
I’m not sure if you know him but he said he owns about 150 Mercedes 😲. There’s a video on YouTube of his Maybach.
I have to say, I was feeling a bit embarrassed when he tested the sound system and put the volume all the way up………. Not my kind of thing but I didn’t want to say anything :).

I hope you’re well and I’m looking forward to meeting you again at a car meet and have a proper chat.
Your E63AMG looked stunning!

🤣🤣🤣
Honesty is the best policy 😆

Thank you! Nice to see some members also enjoy reading the thread and what goes on to maintaining this cars :)

Hello @badgx!
I feel so bad that I didn’t manage to speak to you and your son longer. I’m sorry, I thought I’d get a chance to properly introduce myself but as you probably noticed the guy that got a bit excited about my car, once he got in, he didn’t want to get out of the car 🤣.
I’m not sure if you know him but he said he owns about 150 Mercedes 😲. There’s a video on YouTube of his Maybach.
I have to say, I was feeling a bit embarrassed when he tested the sound system and put the volume all the way up………. Not my kind of thing but I didn’t want to say anything :).

I hope you’re well and I’m looking forward to meeting you again at a car meet and have a proper chat.
Your E63AMG looked stunning!

🤣🤣🤣
Honesty is the best policy 😆

Oh yes, everyone knows him, hes a clown 🤫🫣 Goes by the name Maybachman. Known by his Maybach with a straight through exhaust system. We call him Tin Tin, from the adventure comic, Herges Adventures of Tin Tin 😁

All doing great here buddy, was hoping to have seen your car in the video, they should have at least filmed both your S classes, best cars in the show in my opinion. Rolled into the show like a boss👍

Here goes the update..... I did warn you all!

I still love both this cars and it might not make sense having two S classes that are the same shape just one is a facelift and the other a pre facelift car BUT……… to me they are so different, looks wise and performance wise.

I have been driving the cars on nice days and one Sunday I decided to take the S65AMG to a car meet that was nearly two hours away but by the time we turned up, the show had ended 😂. It was still a nice day to go out with the wife for a long drive so it wasn’t a wasted day after all, we still had fun apart from wasting nearly £50 on tickets we never used 😂.

Here are some pic's I managed to take once we arrived and 95% of people had left

Random pic I took while having a coffee and just enjoying the view :)

Moving on....... the S65AMG started making some weird noise at random times, like a whining sort of sound that was louder inside the car. I couldn’t figure it out where this noise was coming from. Sometimes I thought it was coming from the engine bay but when I’d open the bonnet, I couldn’t hear anything and other times I thought it was coming from the rear of the car.

One day I put my ear next to the drivers wing and I could hear the sound very loud so I thought something had gone faulty inside the front wheel arch, some sort of a motor that I didn’t know was there but before I started taking the inner arch liner off I put my ear on the other wing and it sounded exactly the same! I was a bit confused.

I put the car up on the ramp and removed all the under trays and I was trying to figure out where this noise was coming from. After some time I realised that the noise was coming from the auxiliary water pump.

I ordered a new one from Mercedes which was about £270+…. I did see that I could get a Bosch one for just over £100 online but I wanted to stick to genuine parts.
While I was at Mercedes, I ordered an AC condenser as it had a leak on the S65.
The AC condenser was £800+ 🤐…. It took a month for the condenser to arrive 😩

I also bought a genuine belt for the alternator and new pulleys.

A few months before that I bought new engine mounts and gear box mount from Mercedes for both S classes as the V12 and the V8 like to destroy them due to the amount of torque this engines produce. I knew on the S63AMG they definitely needed doing but on the S65AMG they didn’t seem as bad. I still wanted to change them on both cars as I didn't know if they had ever been changed.

I called my good friend that helps me out on the cars and to be honest, he’s the only person I trust to work on any of my cars. He helped me change the engine mounts on my old S600 as well and with that in mind we thought the S65AMG would be the same as in the S600 but there was some small differences..... nothing to big.

I should have taken some pics while changing them as it might help someone with a V12 if they wanted to give it a go. The engine mounts were done and we moved on to other things

Last edited:
The S65AMG is such a simple car to work on…….. who doesn’t like working on V12’s………… right!!!
To remove the AC condenser, you have to remove a million bolts, a few radiators and the whole front end just to get to it!
I did say it’s a simple car to work on didn’t I 😂

Once the ac condenser was done plus the alternator belt and the tensioners, we concentrated on changing the auxiliary water pump. We left the easiest job for last……….. well, we thought it would be easy but of course that’s never the case!

After changing the pump, we had to bleed the system but after trying for ages, we couldn’t get the water to circulate. It was nearly midnight so we left it there and decided to finish the car off the next day.

We pulled the car out in the morning and tried to flush the radiator as we thought that might be blocked. It was blocked but not too bad as we managed to unblock it but we still couldn’t get coolant to circulate. This is what came out of the radiator

We also removed the intercoolers as we thought it’s best to make sure they are not blocked. The intercoolers were not blocked but the one of the passenger side, we noticed the pipe was slightly bent which might restrict the flow. We fixed that.

While doing all this work we wanted to make sure that every pipe or anything else that had to do with the cooling of the turbos was not blocked or damaged.
There are two pipes that run under the coil packs. Could they also be blocked?

Of course they would be!

Drivers side was unblocked successfully but the passenger side wasn’t having it. After using a metal wire and trying to flush it, we finally saw water come out but not from the other end of the pipe.

The water was coming out under the coil packs. We thought we damaged the pipe when putting it under pressure.

To get to the pipe, you have to remove basically everything that’s on top of the engine including the coil packs.

Once removed, after looking at the pipe, I thought it was just blocked but I also noticed a tiny little hole and that’s where the water we saw was coming out from. I was trying to figure out how to maybe repair that small hole as I was inspecting the pipe.

As I started cleaning and wanting to check how bad the rust was as the pipe seemed to have some surface corrosion, it became clear that the pipe had massive holes but that wasn’t obvious at first because oh how badly blocked it was! There was nothing that could be done but to get new pipe.

Off I went to Mercedes to order a new pipe but seeing as the faulty pipe had corrosion, the other side must have had corrosion too even though we managed to unblock it so I thought it’s best I order both of them.

This was the good pipe 🫣

Nearly £300 for two silly pipes but it’s a V12 AMG, what else can you expect! The parts guy knows me by name and doesn’t even ask for a deposit anymore. He just says, I’ll call you once the parts are here Sam 😆

As always, every time I order anything for this cars, I have to wait ages for the parts to arrive as it seems like they come from Mercedes in Germany. After waiting a few weeks, the pipes finally got here in the UK.

Looking at the condition of the metal pipes, we wanted to remove any pipes, hoses that had to do with the coolant system and make sure everything was cleaned.
Just look what came out from this pipes!

While I was waiting for the pipes to arrive and the car was in pieces, I thought I might as well order the ABC filter for both cars and new ABC fluid as that was another job I wanted to get done to the cars.
I ordered 20 litres of ABC fluid. I wanted to flush the system on both cars properly. If I’m not mistaken, the system has 5l of fluid.

The new coolant pipes were fitted and we started to put the car back together.

Once everything was on, there was more fun to be had……. Bleed the complicated system that Mercedes had designed for this car!
After getting all the air out, I took the car for a spin to make sure everything was good.

I have no words to describe the performance of this car! I thought it was fast before but by not having the auxiliary pump working before, it seemed like it had an effect on the performance. The car felt like it pulled even harder now, a lot harder. I had read that the auxiliary pump makes a difference on the performance of this cars but I never thought it would make this much of a difference!

It made my stomach feel weird when the car went to second gear and it felt like this thing would take off if it had wings! I didn’t think I had concentrated as much before as I did on the first drive because you approach things very quickly! The s63amg is a fast car too but the way I can describe the performance between the two is like, when I’m in the S65AMG, I feel like I can take on anyone ( although I know there are faster cars out there ) but it just gives you more confidence, the kind of confidence that’s makes you believe not many cars will be able to keep up with you…… Anyways, moving on.

With the car being completed and finished very late at night “again”, we said we’d change the ABC fluid another day as there was no rush for that to be done.
Very soon I had a reason to change the ABC fluid but this is a story for the S63AMG thread that I have updated 😁

To finish off here, there was a car meet in Hayes, caraudiosecurity. I decided to take both the S classes but obviously I couldn’t drive them both at the same time. I called my brother and said, my bro, I need a big favour to which he replied, anything for you!
I said I need you to drive one of my cars to a car meet as I would like to take both cars there. His reply was, “ I thought I was going to do you a favour but I feel like you’re the one doing me a favour by letting me drive one of your cars” 😂. In less than an hour he was outside my house

We took the cars there and it seemed like a few people liked them. I was chatting to a few people and I completely forgot to take any pics. This was the only one I could find online.

Thank you if you read my super long post and your comments are always welcomed :)

Last edited:
Oh yes, everyone knows him, hes a clown 🤫🫣 Goes by the name Maybachman. Known by his Maybach with a straight through exhaust system. We call him Tin Tin, from the adventure comic, Herges Adventures of Tin Tin 😁

All doing great here buddy, was hoping to have seen your car in the video, they should have at least filmed both your S classes, best cars in the show in my opinion. Rolled into the show like a boss👍

I'm glad you said it :D.... I was cringing when he put the music so loud on my car 😬.... I was sweating already when I got there as I wiped the cars before hand but then I was sweating even more from feeling uncomfortable 😆

Thank you! To be honest, I thought my cars would have made it on the video but I guess they didn't think they were good enough.... It's all good :)

The S63 wont be used now that winter is here but I'll still be taking the S65 out from time to time. I thought i'd try the 21's on the S65AMG.

I think they look better on the S63AMG.... I took them off again and left the 20's on the S65

With it's original wheels

Both wheels look superb friend, but I think the 21" goes well even better given that the car is large to start with and the wheels do look very well proportioned and fill the arches nicely 🙂👍

I sprayed Lanoguard on my cars, so will use it over winter. Last year I put the S211 into hibernation but i intend to use it this year. They really do need to be driven to prevent things from seizing up, from brake shoes to calipers.

Both wheels look superb friend, but I think the 21" goes well even better given that the car is large to start with and the wheels do look very well proportioned and fill the arches nicely 🙂👍

I sprayed Lanoguard on my cars, so will use it over winter. Last year I put the S211 into hibernation but i intend to use it this year. They really do need to be driven to prevent things from seizing up, from brake shoes to calipers.

Thank you!
You're right, they do fill the arches nicely.... I find the 21's to be the perfect size for this model S class. I wish I had kept the R63AMG 21's I got for my S600 but I didn't like them as much as I thought I would have. I think they just needed some bigger spacers to work on the S class.
I'd love to buy another set if I could but they are so hard to come by

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom