PLEASE HELP: W221 S-Class Command Screen tilt motor playing up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bhartv

Hi there. Got into the W221 S-Class last night and started hearing a whirring sound from behind the air vent system.

Finally located the problem. My command LCD screen tilt motor appeared to be on continuosuly causing a tilt of the Command screen in and out very slightly around the axis.

Has anyone ever experienced this before or knows what the problem could be? Have there been any S-Class recalls with this problem?

I'd be amazed if the tilt motor has gone - could it be some sort of belt that is slipping? How easy will it be to rectify this in terms of access to the tilt motor?

Appreciate any help and advice someone could offer. Many thx.

It will need to be stipped and inspected. I suspect the mechanism has poped off or broken causing the motor to run.

Could you give me some idea of how long it should take to strip it so that I can get a sense of how major this job would be. Thx

How old, it should still be under Warranty. The 221 came out in 2006.

The warranty expired in April this year. Not sure if this is something that Mercedes would make a goodwill contribution towards? But then, is the tilt motor sealed inside the command unit or separate from it?

By the way, the motor seems to have stopped whirring across the weekend. I dare not try the tilt button again until Tuesday mornng to see what happens just in case it damages the command display further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom