• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Possible EV šŸ™„šŸ™‚

Ok, just back from MG Cheshire Oaks, after test driving an MG 4 X Power. Have to say very impressive, seemed very well screwed together, doors closed with a pleasing thud. Panel gaps excellent, and the paint work also excellent, no Orange peel, they had a Volcano Orange one in the showroom, WOW looked fantastic. The actual test drive was great, a good half an hour, on all roads inc the Motorway, the straight line acceleration was breathtaking (literally) Coming down the slipway onto the Motorway looked down, was doing a Ton, backed off quickly šŸ™„. Thought my C207 was, quick, but this is something else. And car was very refined. I realise an half an hour test drive, is not like owning one permanently, as obviously it's novel, to try something so different, BUT it's definitely got me seriously thinking. šŸ™‚šŸ‘
Couple of pics of the actual car.
View attachment 145752View attachment 145753
Before you push the button and order an EV, get a test drive in a W212 E63 Tony.
Just so you know what you could have had;)

I'm afraid that MG does nothing for me on the style front.
But if you like it, who cares:thumb:

I had an MG in my life since my Mum bought one when I was 10.

When I saw the electric 2 seater convertible that they are launching next year I said to myself ā€œIā€™m having one of themā€.

If anyone was going to be old fashioned about such stuff it should be me.

Before you push the button and order an EV, get a test drive in a W212 E63 Tony.
Just so you know what you could have had;)

I'm afraid that MG does nothing for me on the style front.
But if you like it, who cares:thumb:
Certainly see where your coming from, but my thinking is, for the cost of the MG your looking at a 15/16 reg E63 so 7/8 years old with the potential problems that come with that age of car, how's it been treated, who knows? The MG would be brand spanking new with 7 years warranty .
Both cars very fast in a straight line, (dare I say the MG is faster) obviously you haven't got the glorious soundtrack of the E63. Wouldn't mind driving one though, to see what all the fuss is about. šŸ™‚

Certainly see where your coming from, but my thinking is, for the cost of the MG your looking at a 15/16 reg E63 so 7/8 years old with the potential problems that come with that age of car, how's it been treated, who knows? The MG would be brand spanking new with 7 years warranty .
Both cars very fast in a straight line, (dare I say the MG is faster) obviously you haven't got the glorious soundtrack of the E63. Wouldn't mind driving one though, to see what all the fuss is about. šŸ™‚
Willing to bet you could get a gizmo that would give you the soundtrack in the MG!! That would be fun - MG goes past sounding like an E63 at full chat!

Willing to bet you could get a gizmo that would give you the soundtrack in the MG!! That would be fun - MG goes past sounding like an E63 at full chat!
Now that would be a Sight/Sound to behold. šŸ™‚
To be honest though it's the fact it does it in almost total silence that appeals to me aswell. šŸ™‚

This thread is getting me tempted to look at an MG as replacement for our S204 and possibly also SLK, as wife is starting to find the S204 a little too big and I'm starting to question the logic (and cost) of also having the SLK. Hmmmm. Historically we're not reknowned for having cars for years, but in the last 10 years we've only changed main and toy cars once each - S203 C270 to S204 in 2012 and 968 tip cab to SLK280 in 2011. Heart arguing with head (and management!!), wonder what/who will win! All started with seeing the MG in the hospital car park while management was having ears syringed.

Just to say that my IONIQ 5 has been flawless over the past two years since I had it. Build quality is amazing. And it comes with 5 years warranty for the car and 8 years warranty for the battery. The tech is not sophisticated as the Tesla though. But it's well screwed together and very refined. No issues whatsoever with either build quality or reliability.

As always, best to try different things and then shortlist to focus downā€¦

Youā€™ve discovered that EVs are fast, well put together and come in cute colours ā€¦etc etc

While Iā€™m sure the MG is great and highly likely to be the end result, itā€™s maybe worth just checking the other options.

Do you want to pay the extra Ā£x for the loopy power

Are there other options out there ?

And where are you on the Swmbo stakes, is home charging straightforward, are you sure that you donā€™t want a PHEVā€¦?

Iā€™m not dissing it, just saying donā€™t act in haste and repent at leisureā€¦

Says the bloke who always buys a different car every year.

How is the depreciation on these MG ev's if you are considering buying the car outright?

Reason i ask is recently spotted 3 low mileage 2017 Nissan Leaf's at auction and they had suffered 80% depreciation (26k car sold for 5.5k 30-40k miles) in just 6 years. Something to consider.

Last edited:
How is the depreciation on these MG ev's if you are considering buying the car outright?

Reason i ask is recently spotted 3 low mileage 2017 Nissan Leaf's at auction and they had suffered 80% depreciation (26k car sold for 5.5k 30-40k miles) in just 6 years. Something to consider.

I've been tracking Fiat 500e's and they looking they've lost 50-odd % in two years.

Maybe only the new car buyers are prepared to pay the BEV premium? I mean Ā£34k for a Fiat 500. Really?

Certainly makes a used one a more interesting proposition to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom