• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Possible EV ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™‚

Keen to hear how the MG test drive goes.
Make sure you test a Tesla Model 3 Performance before making your final decision.
If budget stretches - try the refreshed Model 3, as it has a number of improvements to the original version - as already pointed out above.
We have had our Model 3 Performance since last November and itโ€™s probably the best car I have ever owned.
Its a Shanghai built car and is very well put together.
I replaced the horrible wood dash trim with carbon fibre and the interior looks fine.
The performance and handling are both much better than any car I have owned.
The Model 3 is about to have another refresh (Project Highland) - so existing model prices might soften a bit in the next few months, great news if you are looking to buy a used one.

Surely if someone could (or wanted to) stretch to a T3 they would not be looking at the MG in the first place.....Tesla build is rubbish......but MG build is Chinese car junk at its worst.....but it is already noticeably better than at launch....they learn fast! We are now "lucky" enough to have an MG dealer in Bognor....they make the Hyundai's they share the building look like Rollers!
"Modern Gentleman"....lol. Cecil Kimber will be spinning in his grave!

Last edited:
Good to hear, your friends like it. Just thought it would be a better test drive in the dry, especially if you want to exploit the power of the car, but then again I suppose, you'd want to know what's it's like in the wet aswell, we'll see. ๐Ÿ™‚
Give it the berries !

Would love to know how it goes and what you think of the general design

Surely if someone could (or wanted to) stretch to a T3 they would not be looking at the MG in the first place.....Tesla build is rubbish......but MG build is Chinese car junk at its worst.....but it is already noticeably better than at launch....they learn fast! We are now "lucky" enough to have an MG dealer in Bognor....they make the Hyundai's they share the building look like Rollers!
Secondhand Tesla Model 3 and a brand new MG 4 are similar money, so not sure I follow your logic.

A friend had an MG PHEV SUV (the larger one) as a company car for a year or two and both he and I were really very impressed with it in all respects

He has just handed it back, as heโ€™s changed jobs so I asked if heโ€™d have another. He said โ€œnoโ€ so I asked what had changed his view of the car.

It was nothing to do with the car itself, and everything to do with not being able to buy such a new car himself, as his new job doesnโ€™t come with a company car.

Test driving an MG 4 X Power this morning. Hopefully a descent test drive and not just round the block, not ideal weather, but should give me an idea, what an EV is like. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘
Enjoy and stay safe. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

but MG build is Chinese car junk at its worst
Really?

We had an MG SUV thing via enterprise, felt fine to be fair. Not a Rolls Royce but built more than adequately especially considering the value for money. It had some nice gizmos too.

Really?

We had an MG SUV thing via enterprise, felt fine to be fair. Not a Rolls Royce but built more than adequately especially considering the value for money. It had some nice gizmos too.
I'm not a brand snob (maybe a little!).....but Stevie Wonder could see and feel the inferior build of an MG......as a Merc owner most of us will be used to rather better than average build quality, which only makes them seem worse. My 13 year old ALFA is way better put together internally. As I said before....would any of you not be embarrassed to drive a car called MG now that it stands for "Modern Gentlemen"?.....that would put me right off no matter how good it was! :)

"Nanjing's Zhang Xin has commented that the firm โ€œwants Chinese consumers to know this brand as 'Modern Gentleman,' to see that this brand represents grace and style."

Yeah right....LOL!

I'm not a brand snob (maybe a little!).....but Stevie Wonder could see and feel the inferior build of an MG......as a Merc owner most of us will be used to rather better than average build quality, which only makes them seem worse. My 13 year old ALFA is way better put together internally. As I said before....would any of you not be embarrassed to drive a car called MG now that it stands for "Modern Gentlemen"?.....that would put me right off no matter how good it was! :)

"Nanjing's Zhang Xin has commented that the firm โ€œwants Chinese consumers to know this brand as 'Modern Gentleman,' to see that this brand represents grace and style."

Yeah right....LOL!
Surely only a minority would be embarrassed?

Ok, just back from MG Cheshire Oaks, after test driving an MG 4 X Power. Have to say very impressive, seemed very well screwed together, doors closed with a pleasing thud. Panel gaps excellent, and the paint work also excellent, no Orange peel, they had a Volcano Orange one in the showroom, WOW looked fantastic. The actual test drive was great, a good half an hour, on all roads inc the Motorway, the straight line acceleration was breathtaking (literally) Coming down the slipway onto the Motorway looked down, was doing a Ton, backed off quickly ๐Ÿ™„. Thought my C207 was, quick, but this is something else. And car was very refined. I realise an half an hour test drive, is not like owning one permanently, as obviously it's novel, to try something so different, BUT it's definitely got me seriously thinking. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘
Couple of pics of the actual car.
20230826_100634.jpg20230826_100600.jpg

Ok, just back from MG Cheshire Oaks, after test driving an MG 4 X Power. Have to say very impressive, seemed very well screwed together, doors closed with a pleasing thud. Panel gaps excellent, and the paint work also excellent, no Orange peel, they had a Volcano Orange one in the showroom, WOW looked fantastic. The actual test drive was great, a good half an hour, on all roads inc the Motorway, the straight line acceleration was breathtaking (literally) Coming down the slipway onto the Motorway looked down, was doing a Ton, backed off quickly ๐Ÿ™„. Thought my C207 was, quick, but this is something else. And car was very refined. I realise an half an hour test drive, is not like owning one permanently, as obviously it's novel, to try something so different, BUT it's definitely got me seriously thinking. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘
View attachment 145752View attachment 145753
I think thatโ€™s a cracking looking car, the spoiler is really distinctive too. A very Aston Martin kind of hue. AM + MG = AMMG so like an AMG but even better!

Blimey! If it wasnโ€™t for the fact you have an Alfa Iโ€™d say you were a badge snob. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคญ. Incidentally howโ€™s the Alfa build quality?

Nowt like P!ssing on someoneโ€™s chips is there??? ๐Ÿ™„

View attachment 145752View attachment 145753
Great that you liked it all Toe. Would it be a factory order? If so then would you go for the Orange? ๐Ÿ˜

Or are there stock barons to be had?

Did they offer a P/X price against your 207?

Great that you liked it all Toe. Would it be a factory order? If so then would you go for the Orange? ๐Ÿ˜

Or are there stock barons to be had?

Did they offer a P/X price against your 207?
It would be a factory order, Ant, approximately 12 weeks. Almost certainly I'd go for the Orange, you know me Ant, like to be a bit different. No p/x offered yet, until I'm ready to do a deal. I did tell them I wanted to test drive a Tesla Model 3 Performance before I make my decision, over 34 grand is a lot of dosh to most people, certainly is to me, gotta get it right. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

I sat in an MG electric suv uber a few weeks back, in the front seat. I had to say i was pleased it felt a step up from the usual prius uberx. It felt slightly similar to a tesla model 3 as in it had a lot of bells and whistles and clever interior touches that had me fondling all the interior panels throughout the journey ๐Ÿคฃ there seemed a lot of very modern tech in there especially compared to the dinosaurs I drive these days. Seems like these will sell like hot cakes and so they should

As a petrol snob I'd probably prefer the 2023 a class courtesy car I drove , actually I'm not sure I'd go for either but sitting in these newer cars really is a nice experience with all the tech they offer

Modern gentleman? For a car brand.
wtf.
If you had predicted 50 years ago that this would be the future for MG you would probably have been taken away by the men in white coats.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom