• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

R231 / SL owners - where are you getting your wiper blades from?

MarkyMark

Car
R231 SL63 / Mclaren 720s / Exige GT3 / Westfield Megablade
Hey all. My wiper blades need replacing. Ordered a set from EuroCarParts but when they've arrived they don't have the small holes for the washer fluid to come out. Where is the best place to buy the correct blades? I have a feeling you're going to say dealer only and therefore I better go and buy some lube

TIA

They are the same blades as fitted to my S Class, I got mine from the dealer earlier this year, I think they discounted them to about £90 inc vat, a lot of money but I fitted them in minutes.
If you look on another forum they mention there are some fake blades available but some people say they are not as effective as the original MB ones.
Bear in mind I think they are heated as well

Hey all. My wiper blades need replacing. Ordered a set from EuroCarParts but when they've arrived they don't have the small holes for the washer fluid to come out. Where is the best place to buy the correct blades? I have a feeling you're going to say dealer only and therefore I better go and buy some lube

TIA
The dealers aren’t normally much price difference from other routes

Dealer only as far as I know, around £90-£100 a pair. Make sure you get the correct ones ie heated or not etc.....

Dealer only as far as I know, around £90-£100 a pair. Make sure you get the correct ones ie heated or not etc.....
I thought they were all heated? Is there an easy way to tell?

I thought they were all heated? Is there an easy way to tell?
If you take off the ones currently on your car, the heated ones have electrical connectors in the fitting.

I have bought new wiper blades from MB dealers twice - both times £100 for the pair. I find they last about 3 years

i thought the heating is at the tank, not the blades.

easy to fit .. just follow instructions on the box. Snap off old, snap on new

TIA
Lots of people on here have mentioned buying parts by mail order from MB Newcastle, at a discount with very good service. Could be worth a try!

When I bought my car (from new) I suspected that the blades would be expensive (and they are!) but mine have lasted 5 years (20,000 miles) and are still OK, so per annum not so much of a problem. I think MBdealer is the best place to get replacements, possibly witha discount

Lots of people on here have mentioned buying parts by mail order from MB Newcastle, at a discount with very good service. Could be worth a try!
I have used MB Newcastle and Edinburgh for numerous things including genuine MB oil. They both have ebay shops. Great service from both places.

Thanks for the help all. I ordered a set from Mercedes Edinburgh via eBay, £97 inc delivery and arrived the next day! Local dealer wanted £106 and would have meant a 40 mile round trip, so happy with the result I suppose. Never paid that for wiper blades before, I imagine the ones on the Mclaren are less, but, they're not as fancy as the Mercs :) Anyway, put them on this afternoon and they're so much better, confident I'll be able to see the road when its raining now ;)

Anyone fitted this?

Not heard of the wiper manufacturer
I've used Heyner blades before - they are German - and found them to be pretty good. Mrs S has a set on her car at the moment. They are quiet and clear the screen well with no judder or smearing. I tend to replace blades yearly so rarely experience any major issues. I can't comment on the specific blades you need for your SL.

REFRESH, the name on the box, is made in China.

Ordered a set at £63 to give it a go

REFRESH, the name on the box, is made in China.

Ordered a set at £63 to give it a go
I have them on mine currently, work ok at the moment but haven't tried them in serious weather. Fit perfectly though!

Let us know how you get on. My drivers one keeps screeching and no doubt needs replacing.
As above, they fit really good and so far have been fine. Not used them in torrential rain yet though!

Strange. There are no choices for SL Class on this website.
Screenshot_20240410_092912.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom