• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Recomend me a remap box please...?

Mr. H

Car
Vito 115
Hi!
I have a Vito 115 that I would like to get remapped. What I would like, ideally is one of the tuning boxes that can be fitted under the bonnet and easily removed when needed.
Found that the prices varies greatly, I would like to get something quality and well researched but not a rip off!
Chips and Tuning found via eBay offer there Pro model for £400.00 with variable settings, anyone used this company?
Can someone recomend a manufacture they have had good results with?

Cheers.

I recommend getting it remapped properly rather than buying any 'box' of ebay.

I had a tuneit box on my Phaeton,cost about £400. I found it very good and takes minutes to fit. The plus sides are that its down stream of the ECU, you do not get any error messages, it can be altered by the owner via a simple dial 1 to 9, 1 for better fuel consumption, 9 for power. The change it made was very noticable. It can be removed and fitted to another vehicle with no problem, sometimes a change of plug is needed, the company will take it back in part ex. You can even try before you buy,if you change your mind you just pay for the fitting £20 in my case. If you look on the site you can see your car with the bhp, torque, and fuel savings, two year warranty.

I had a tuneit box on my Phaeton,cost about £400. I found it very good and takes minutes to fit. The plus sides are that its down stream of the ECU, you do not get any error messages, it can be altered by the owner via a simple dial 1 to 9, 1 for better fuel consumption, 9 for power. The change it made was very noticable. It can be removed and fitted to another vehicle with no problem, sometimes a change of plug is needed, the company will take it back in part ex. You can even try before you buy,if you change your mind you just pay for the fitting £20 in my case. If you look on the site you can see your car with the bhp, torque, and fuel savings, two year warranty.

Thanks for the info, I will take a look at the tuneit site, sounds like what I am after.

I use the speed hawk type. Really pleased with them.

DTE boxes are the best. Pm me I ll give you the guys number.

Hi!
I have a Vito 115 that I would like to get remapped. What I would like, ideally is one of the tuning boxes that can be fitted under the bonnet and easily removed when needed.
Found that the prices varies greatly, I would like to get something quality and well researched but not a rip off!
Chips and Tuning found via eBay offer there Pro model for £400.00 with variable settings, anyone used this company?
Can someone recomend a manufacture they have had good results with?

Cheers.
mate get a remap l have owned a 112 vito with a box a 115 with a re map and a 120 with a re map l have to say it was a big no no installing a box especially the boxes that only have a connection to the common rail.l had all kinds of problems so have other owners. a box .that connects both to the common rail and ecu are better but for the price l,ll go remap .l have travelled alot of miles with remap v chip box on many cars heaps of problems with box nil worries with remap

Thanks for all your input, it looks like remap is far superior to the tuning 'box'.
Next question is where to go for the remap? I am based in Wiltshire.... Anyone know of somewhere good near(ish)?

Thanks

Have you considered a Superchips BLUEFIN? You save your existing engine map and then upload the new one yourself. For your Vito it lists the following:

Mercedes Vito 111 CDI
2003 onwards
Engine type : Turbo-Diesel
Engine size : 2148 cm3
Cylinders : 4
Original bhp : 116
Original nm : 290
BHP increase : 43
NM gain : 81
Lb/Ft gain : 60

mate get a remap l have owned a 112 vito with a box a 115 with a re map and a 120 with a re map l have to say it was a big no no installing a box especially the boxes that only have a connection to the common rail.l had all kinds of problems so have other owners. a box .that connects both to the common rail and ecu are better but for the price l,ll go remap .l have travelled alot of miles with remap v chip box on many cars heaps of problems with box nil worries with remap

Hi ya can you elaborate some more on the problems vito owners have with tuning box's. The only reason i ask is because it is the first i have heard of them causing problems and i have been working on them for the last 15 years and am a member on several forums i have not heard anything. To say i am interested is an understatement

Martin

Hi ya can you elaborate some more on the problems vito owners have with tuning box's. The only reason i ask is because it is the first i have heard of them causing problems and i have been working on them for the last 15 years and am a member on several forums i have not heard anything. To say i am interested is an understatement

Martin
hi as l say the cheapie common rail only boxes are a problem . poor fuel consumption egr probs blown turbo, black soot, lose of power,fault codes. l personally have a remap because l searched around for 3 years to find a technician to install a map in my truck . all other work shops were trying to palm me off some anodised box with a resistor. l risked in the past l did not want to install in my new 120 that cost me a years worth of salary. if l were to get a box it will be a speedhawk carlson or similar type that runs both ecu parameters and common rail.

OK, just the usual mumbo jumbo about people having problems and looking for a scape goat rather than facts and before actually finding out what caused the problem, thanks for sharing

Martin

Last edited:
I can highly reccomend Upsolute I had my V220 Cdi and a Caravelle Tdi remapped by them. There agent will visit you at home or work.

Mark.

This sounds good to me. Now how long have you had it, what's the overall result, and where can I get one for my 111cdi? Thing is, I am in melbourne . Cheers Davo

Yeh Sherco, have found a top bloke here in Heidelberg west who says remapping is the only way to go. Should be finished by next week. Will let you know results

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom