Reset Time after clock Fix

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rees_A

Banned
Car
CLK55 AMG
Does anyone know how to reset the clock. My pixels are now working but I have no way of setting the time correctly(Steering wheel controls only show 12/24 change. Also, have no command.

press the little round buttons on the right edge of the instrument cowl

I only have the up down and r button. Pressing any of these don't seem to affect the time. I'm guessing my car used to have command. Is there a way of setting the time if the command has been removed or do I need to buy a command unit to make it work!!

I had a CLK55 208 and I definitely could adjust the clock .. just not sure exactly how I did it

^ I was going to ask. If your car had Comand then that's how you would have set the clock.

if your car had factory COMAND, it would have a roof aerial at the back of the roof

I have no roof aerial so thats a good sign I think...

Does anyone know how to reset the clock. My pixels are now working but I have no way of setting the time correctly(Steering wheel controls only show 12/24 change. Also, have no command.

when you get to the clock menu, have you tried the + and - buttons and well as the up and down arrow buttons on the s/w?

Yes tried + - changes to 12/24 but thats it, also tried pressing up down and r on dash still no joy.This is so annoying, I have my pixels fixed but still can't get the right time GRRR

Can anyone help with this... I'm getting depressed now...

I can't believe its not possible to set a clock WTF!!!!

Last edited:
Rees,

I have just bought my 2000 CLK 430 and had to set the clock. I did it by a combination of up/down commands on the steering wheel and +\- commands. I'll go and check again and report back.

Frustratingly my outside air temp display stopped illuminating today - stil works, just can't see it. I'm hoping it is an easy fix!!

Best wishes

Julian

Had to go and try on car 1st. Left steering wheel "page"button to "settings at standstill"... up on left wheel arrows shows "set hours" use up/down buttons on right side of wheel to change, up on left again to change minutes. return by leaving for a couple of mins or ignition off and on again. ps ignition on to reset. hope this helps
Cheers....Paul

Thx Bellman, problem is I don't get the menu option to set hours from the steering wheel controls...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom