River thames gtg. Sat 17th Sept 05

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
GRAV888 said:
(Marshalling the F1 in Spa the week before :bannana: :bannana: ).
Grav888
All the rotten jobs eh Graeme !! :D :D

Saturday 17th Sept.
Grav888
Racall
Will
stats007
PJH

I will be there if it is the 17th September as i drive to Spain on Sunday. It will be great to put the faces to the names.

Count me in - pending no 'other' arrangements being made for me :rolleyes:

Does anyone have a venue in mind? Kingston doesn't have that many pubs with large car parks that I can think of.

stats007 said:
Does anyone have a venue in mind? Kingston doesn't have that many pubs with large car parks that I can think of.

If not Kingston, how about the Pub in Teddington next to the studios? I've not been in the Pub, but seen the carpark.

Howard - what do you think?

How about Hampton Court station car park! Plenty of room there at the weekend. The Albion (nice pub) is just across the road.

Oooh, a GTG close to home; I might finally get to meet folk.

Saturday 17th Sept.
Grav888
Racall
Will
stats007
PJH
SimonsMerc

Oooooo Oooooo Me Me Me !!!

Count me in guys !!

HC station car park is nice and big ...... can be frequented by louts though ;)

The Anglers has a nice big car park ... but is rammed on Saturday Nights

How about 'The Boaters Inn' on the Lower Ham Road ?

Its in the bottom left hand square of the map :-

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.s...srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&ax=517226&ay=171742

Not sure of the car park size but the Lower Ham Road is usually pretty empty .. if we get there at a reasonable time .. plus we can sit by the river and chat .....

I reckon Sp!ke will be up for this too.....

What does everyone think ....

H

So its :

Grav888
Racall
Will
stats007
PJH
SimonsMerc
Howard
C43AMG

Last edited by a moderator:
Howard said:
Oooooo Oooooo Me Me Me !!!

Count me in guys !!

HC station car park is nice and big ...... can be frequented by louts though ;)

The Anglers has a nice big car park ... but is rammed on Saturday Nights

How about 'The Boaters Inn' on the Lower Ham Road ?

Its in the bottom left hand square of the map :-

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.s...srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&ax=517226&ay=171742

Not sure of the car park size but the Lower Ham Road is usually pretty empty .. if we get there at a reasonable time .. plus we can sit by the river and chat .....

I reckon Sp!ke will be up for this too.....

What does everyone think ....

H

So its :

Grav888
Racall
Will
stats007
PJH
SimonsMerc
Howard
C43AMG

And me!!!

Parking is a nightmare down there at weekends, and the Boaters - if it's a nice day will be packed - though they do do some nice jazz on a sunday! There is a Sainsbury's car park a 10 minute walk away, but would be nice if we could find somewhere with a decent car park.

There are a few more pubs in Ham itself, or Hampton Wick, Kingston Hill. Hart's Boatyard on Portsmouth road probably has the biggest car park. Further out there's The Anchor in Wisley which is near Brooklands and has a lock.

stats007 said:
Parking is a nightmare down there at weekends, and the Boaters - if it's a nice day will be packed - though they do do some nice jazz on a sunday! There is a Sainsbury's car park a 10 minute walk away, but would be nice if we could find somewhere with a decent car park.

There are a few more pubs in Ham itself, or Hampton Wick, Kingston Hill. Hart's Boatyard on Portsmouth road probably has the biggest car park. Further out there's The Anchor in Wisley which is near Brooklands and has a lock.

The anchor has a small car park compared to the popularity of the place at weekends. Plus there is a very real possibility of scraping ones car on those two iron pillars as you drive over the lock. Pretty location though and easy to get to from the A3 also.

Well here are some photos - you could get a bus through that gap Alfie!

The_Anchor_web_1.jpg

The_Anchor_web_2.jpg

The_Anchor_web_3.jpg

Went there a couple of months ago for a gtg with the Mercedes- Benz Club, nice location Pub very tatty, two car parks in separate locations??.

stats007 said:
Well here are some photos - you could get a bus through that gap Alfie!

Funny you say that because a mate of mine (who collects buses :( ) tried that and one of the many scrapes you see on those posts was him!

It is of course possible to get through that gap but carefully. The posts tell their own story!

Personally I dont mind where the GTG is as I'm hoping to meet the people and care little for the venue except its distance from me!

Well done for getting the pictures though. At least others can see the place if they have never been there themselves. Presumeably you had to pop along for a swift one anyway!

I think an SEC might be awkward!

I took those photos for a MBOC meet. Like you say I'm not too bothered about the venue - but ideally the car park should be a private one for the pub.

Someone make a decision then .....

Bear in mind that Graeme (Grav) who began this thread will be on a boat in Kingston , with no car ........

So somewhere local to him would probably be the best idea ..... :rolleyes:

Howard said:
Someone make a decision then .....

Bear in mind that Graeme (Grav) who began this thread will be on a boat in Kingston , with no car ........

So somewhere local to him would probably be the best idea ..... :rolleyes:

What about using one of your dads marina's :) Is there adequate parking at one of them? Maybe you tempt you-know-who to make an appearance!

I thought this was going to be a weekday evening GTG for some reason.

The dates are possibly going to clash with a houe move I have hopefully early September.

I would like to make this one as lots of names of the list of people I have not met, but to be honest none of the venues sound ideal.

Sure a pub garden by the river is ideal, but if it's anything less than lashing down, they will be packed. A nice open location, easy to get to with ample parking where we can safely park up out of the way is what we need to aim for.

If I'm free that weekend I'll definitely pop along. I won't know for sure till nearer the time though.

I don't care where it is as long as there is a car park. Pub would be good in case it rains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom