River thames gtg. Sat 17th Sept 05

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
both the Magpie and the Flower Pot in Sunbury village are decent enough pubs with public car parks just across the road. As long as there is no carnival/river festival that weekend parking isn't usually a problem.

If I remember correctly the Magpie has it's own berth as well for those arriving by boat :)

HTH

Andy

If we're looking at locations outside of Kingston then we should find one with its own car park. Sandown Park / Thames Ditton / Cobham have a few. Harts Boatyard is probably the only suitable venue in Kingston - next to the river - large and with a large car park.

hmmmm Saturday afternoon, Kingston town centre traffic. Perhaps slightly "out of town" would be better.

Let's just leave it up to Grav to organise - it was his idea :)

Andy

andy_k said:
hmmmm Saturday afternoon, Kingston town centre traffic. Perhaps slightly "out of town" would be better.

Let's just leave it up to Grav to organise - it was his idea :)

Andy

Am working on it ;)

Not gonna be on the boat now as the F/I/L has changed his mind.
Gonna be in the E55 (hopefully)

GRAV888 said:
Am working on it ;)

Not gonna be on the boat now as the F/I/L has changed his mind.
Gonna be in the E55 (hopefully)

oh well in that case then I suggest somewhere competely different and by the seaside :devil:

I'll get my coat

Andy

There is a great pub in Cobham ( Downside) 5 minutes from Cobham called "The Cricketers" with a large car park??.

I passed a pub in Hampton called The Bell, and took some pics of the carpark using my phone (See attached).

Howard, this is your neck of the woods, what do you think of The Bell?

Attachments

• Image021.jpg
    Image021.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Image022.jpg
    Image022.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 42
The Bell is a nice pub, the mini you see is my neighbours as we live just behind it, about 20 seconds walk away ........

Car Park can get busy at weekends but there are a lot of wide quiet roads around nearby.......

I would think we would get at least ten cars in there if we got there at a reasonable time, getting there at 7 or 8 pm might be a problem parking ......

So what time is this planned for?

GrahamC230K said:
So what time is this planned for?

As far as I can tell they haven't picked a venue yet so turn up when you like. :D

I wont be making this one, too close to my holiday to be making a 450 mile round trip.

Sounds good. 5 ish??

How about we go to The Bell from 4pm onwards?
@ Howard or Anil: have either of you guys got an address for the pub please?

So, we have:

The venue:
The Bell public house, Thames street, Hampton.

The people:
GRAV888
ANIL
guydewdney
Racall
Will
Stats007
PJH
C43AMG
Alfie
SimonsMerc
Howard
FastLady (possible)
RichardM (possible)
Andy K (possible)
Maff (possible)

If any others are interested, feel free to add your name to the list. ;)

Thats near the sewage works,i hope the wind don,t blow our way!!!

Its a water abstraction plant and filtration beds for londons drinking water....

I could bore you with the abstraction figures, (typically 400 mgd a day :rolleyes: ) as i have to deal with London Water Control (based at Hampton) every day .......

It is definately not a sewage works..... i live in Kings Paddock (just behind the Bell) , do you think i would live near a sewage farm ? :rolleyes:

65 % of Londons drinking water is abstacted at Hampton .... yawn.....

Sewage Works indeed ........ :mad:

Last edited:
racall said:
Thats near the sewage works,i hope the wind don,t blow our way!!!

Hmm - Didn't think that they were 'sewage' works as such, but Thames Water reservoirs? ;) I've never noticed anything even slightly 'whiffy' there myself, so I'll guess that I'm right! :D

Hampton and the surrounding areas/riverside is a nice location IMO, looking forward to meeting everyone :)

See you there,

Will

I bought my first SL from around there. The A308 will be fun on a saturday at that time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom