• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Robbed of £600 worths of petrol

Tesco do treat shoplifters seriously. Try taking out a 99p item out of their shop without paying and see what happens?

I finally received a claim form from Barclaycard after almost 3 weeks. I am worried I did not report it to the police. Do I have to do that, it Barclaycard who notified me of the frauds. In one of the item of the claim form, it asks whether I reported this matter to the police.

Another point on the claim from I have to sign my right away to have my ledger investigated by the police. Am I expecting a raid from the police in the middle of the night and take away all my paperwork?

What I felt disgusted is in one of the question whether I collaborated with someone in the frauds.:devil: :devil: :devil:

I finally received a claim form from Barclaycard after almost 3 weeks. I am worried I did not report it to the police. Do I have to do that, it Barclaycard who notified me of the frauds. In one of the item of the claim form, it asks whether I reported this matter to the police.

Another point on the claim from I have to sign my right away to have my ledger investigated by the police. Am I expecting a raid from the police in the middle of the night and take away all my paperwork?

What I felt disgusted is in one of the question whether I collaborated with someone in the frauds.:devil: :devil: :devil:
Is it a buisness card rather than a personal one?

I finally got all my £623 back. Barclaycard did not refund me but gave me a credit. I still have to pay the full amount else they will charge me interest.

My advice is :

1. Get a login access and check your account regularly(This will put you off as is handled offshore and takes 10 days).

2. Report this to the police and get an incident number as it required in the claim form.

3. Call Barclaycard immediately if you find abnormality else they will assumed you are going to pay for it.

I hope they caught the b**tard who caused me inconvenient.

I finally got all my £623 back. Barclaycard did not refund me but gave me a credit. I still have to pay the full amount else they will charge me interest.

This doesn't parse to me. You say you got it all back, then in the same breath that they didn't refund you? :confused: A credit to me is the opposite of a debit, so if they credited you with 623 quid, I'd say they have fully refunded you.

I wonder if the dates of the debits and credits are different so the interest still accrues.

Seems a bit off if that's the way they do it.

I once had my wallet stolen on holiday, reported it immediately and didn't have to stand any costs at all, even though someone had spent over £1000 by the time I returned to the UK.

what he means his he will have to pay his last months statement to avoid the charges..

then they will credit his account. But if you dont use the card very much, £623 could take a while to spend.

i know i have about 10-15 c/cards and they all get very little use... so this sort of thing would get right up my nose.

Im sure a stiff word with the call centre would sort it though.

Change your bank, they're taking the p1ss.

When my Alliance & Leicester card was cloned (at a BP garage) and I queried a couple of ATM withdrawals they put me through to their card fraud department who accepted my word that I hadn't drawn the money as they could see it was 'out of character' (I always withdraw the same amount from ATMs and these weren't that amount). They then told me of two further withdrawals that had yet to appear on my statement that also looked odd!

I pay my credit card in full by derect debit and they confirmed to me that they would not take the amounts in dispute and that I would not be charged interest on the 'balance'. Other than the botheration factor it couldn't have gone more smoothly. They dealt with it courteously and efficiently and it only cost me the price of one phone call.

Chip & pin has enabled anyone to use anyone elses card.

At work we are always getting people (including kids) with their 'friends' cards.

We dont have chip & pin so we rely on signatures and they never match the card.

Where do you work? thats a big risk you guys are taking as you are not protected at all. Its also more expensive for the merchant not to use chip and pin.

I work for Cambridge City Council, our Audit Dept isnt happy with a 3rd party company taking the money 1st (how are system is set up) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Change your bank, they're taking the p1ss.

When my Alliance & Leicester card was cloned (at a BP garage) and I queried a couple of ATM withdrawals they put me through to their card fraud department who accepted my word that I hadn't drawn the money as they could see it was 'out of character' (I always withdraw the same amount from ATMs and these weren't that amount). They then told me of two further withdrawals that had yet to appear on my statement that also looked odd!

I pay my credit card in full by derect debit and they confirmed to me that they would not take the amounts in dispute and that I would not be charged interest on the 'balance'. Other than the botheration factor it couldn't have gone more smoothly. They dealt with it courteously and efficiently and it only cost me the price of one phone call.

What other cards have free subscription and not MBNA(now Bank of America)? A&L, M&S are MBNA.

I'm sure if you either ask to speak to a supervisor - or write a formal complaint - they will either explain to your satisfaction, or take steps to recompense you.

Didn't they credit the account immediately, as soon as you raise a dispute. Banks normally do this, and re-debit later if it's investigate and does not fall in the account holders favour. Certainly that was standard practice.

give a shop your card details over the phone/via the net to pay for something.

All it takes is for them to write it down and then go online and buy stuff.

give a shop your card details over the phone/via the net to pay for something.

All it takes is for them to write it down and then go online and buy stuff.

If the card holder is not present, the goods should be sent to the cardholders address though. Just one of the many safety checks.

Russ

if you register for verified by visa, or mastercard secure, no one can buy things on line with your card, without entering a password after punching in the card numbers . more secure still. and as a matter of rule i so not use credit cards over the phone. (don't know who i am talking to)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom