S204 xenon issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

akula80

Car
W204 C220 AMG Sport Plus
Hi this is driving me crazy so any help appreciated. My s204 xenon went out the other night driving home. No probs I ordered a new set. Tried both bulbs that came and no joy so I’m thinking there was nothing wrong with the original as it showed no sign of decaying and the problem must be something else. That’s my mechanics knowledge exhausted so any help appreciated. I just pray it’s not hard to fix

Hi this is driving me crazy so any help appreciated. My s204 xenon went out the other night driving home. No probs I ordered a new set. Tried both bulbs that came and no joy so I’m thinking there was nothing wrong with the original as it showed no sign of decaying and the problem must be something else. That’s my mechanics knowledge exhausted so any help appreciated. I just pray it’s not hard to fix

hi i reckon its the ballast

can you swap over the ballast from the other side to see if that is the problem? if not then do the same with the ignitor, be careful working on xenons due to the high voltage

i had a mammoth of a xenon issue so i know how you feel

i can then assist you with sourcing parts, mb dont make the ballasts so the parts are shared amongst manufactures and can be found a lot cheaper online, mine were made by bosch

abs

hi i reckon its the ballast

can you swap over the ballast from the other side to see if that is the problem? if not then do the same with the ignitor, be careful working on xenons due to the high voltage

i had a mammoth of a xenon issue so i know how you feel

i can then assist you with sourcing parts, mb dont make the ballasts so the parts are shared amongst manufactures and can be found a lot cheaper online, mine were made by bosch

abs

Hi this is beyond my expertise. Think I might have to take it to an auto spark. If it is the ballast or ignitor are these parts expensive to source?

Hi this is beyond my expertise. Think I might have to take it to an auto spark. If it is the ballast or ignitor are these parts expensive to source?
No I can help source these for you for a reasonable price, ballast from MB is £300 but you can get the same part without the MB badge for £120 even less
Abs

If you changed the bulb, you can change the ballast. It's the control unit attached to the headlamp.

If you changed the bulb, you can change the ballast. It's the control unit attached to the headlamp.
Sometimes the headlamps need to come out to access as on my 209

Cheers for the advice. Like I said changing the bulb is prob at my limit. I’ve tried looking at videos at replacing the ballast and there looks like a lot to it like taking bumper off etc I’m I’m looking at right video that is. If I look the car to an auto spark And had it plugged into Star would this give a definitive ‘faulty ballast’ read out and allow me to order a oem part? I’m pretty sure it is that from reading as that light has started letting water in. Again guys any advice or comments greatly appreciated

Cheers for the advice. Like I said changing the bulb is prob at my limit. I’ve tried looking at videos at replacing the ballast and there looks like a lot to it like taking bumper off etc I’m I’m looking at right video that is. If I look the car to an auto spark And had it plugged into Star would this give a definitive ‘faulty ballast’ read out and allow me to order a oem part? I’m pretty sure it is that from reading as that light has started letting water in. Again guys any advice or comments greatly appreciated

Hi
A faulty ballast wouldn't allow water in? I think what your getting is condensation on the inside of the unit?

Where are you based?

Abs

Hi I’m in stormy Northern Ireland lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom