• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

SL60 r129 engine oil pressure

Les

Car
1997 SL60
My '97 SL60 is off the road over the winter. When I started it yesterday after lying for a month it ran fine but after 5 mins as I was watching it warm up I noticed the oil pressure instantly drop to zero from about 3 bar. Immediatly stopped it. Tried it a couple more time with same result - pressure there then dropping to zero after a few seconds.
Plenty oil in engine.
I hope its the pressure transmitter for oil pressure guage as no other lights appeared on dash.
So question is is this a known SL problem and any ideas on how I can check either the real oil pressure or the guage before I drive it and possible knacker the engine!

Thanks

I would replace the oil pressure switch (as prevention anyway) as this is quite common on M119 motors before driving it out. Switch is under the oil filter housing and it won't break the bank to buy one .

Thanks
Will do.
Had a futher dig last night on benzworld and it not uncommon. Cheap enough to try without breaking the bank.

Les

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom