Soon to be new w204 C63 owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know difficult to tell as it's depending on age, location etc but just interested to know what most people pay

LV, it did make me laugh

You should double check that. I am with LV and when I disclosed the remap there was no extra charge. Also, if you go on their website and do an online quote and tick yes to modifications, then select engine chip / map, there will be no extra charge. They normally allow upto 3 mods before they load the premium.

After 4 days of ownership someone decided to crash into me today...not too bad or anything no dents but still have to claim on his insurance. Does that affect mine come.renewal?

After 4 days of ownership someone decided to crash into me today...not too bad or anything no dents but still have to claim on his insurance. Does that affect mine come.renewal?

Yes as you've been in an accident.
In most cases it matters not who is at fault.

Even though they literally just ran into the back of me?

Yeah , thats sadly the way it works.

Have you had any claim regardless of fault in the past 5 years.

You are best off asking the 3rd party if you can avoid the insurance company if possible.

Sorry to hear about your incident.

Even though they literally just ran into the back of me?
I work in insurance as an actuary.
To an insurer you're the same risk and have now had an accident in the last 3-5 years. These days it doesn't matter who is at fault unfortunately.
By law you have to inform your insurer... a lot of people sort it outside the insurer forum but do this at your own peril - get some sort of written agreement.
My dad had someone touch the back of him, no material damage, they both agreed to leave it. As it was his old golf he uses for work and their car was old too. Few days later a police letter saying he was involved in an accident and he drove off?! Common among groups of an eastern descent using "crash for cash" approach. So bit of a headache but luckily all ended well as they reviewed CCTV images and it wasn't the first time the police had seen it but he had no real proof if the CCTV wasn't there.

Oh god......I was thinking to ring him and sort it outside of insurance but now thinking just to be safe will tell my insurer. Not great after having the car after just 4 days

Would this affect no claim bonus in that case?

Sorry to hear Heller.

It won't effect your no claims but it will affect your premiums. A few years ago someone drove into my car that was parked on the road and knocked at the door. I informed my insurance company and whilst I had the same NCD at renewal, due to the fact I was involved my premium went up by £80 a year.

Your insurer will authorise the repairs and then pay the repairer direct. They will then try to claim back the costs they have incurred from the third party's insurers. Providing they are reimbursed it will not affect your no claims discount / claims record (if you have protected no claims discount). Not all insurers will penalise you with a premium loading if you have had only one no fault claim. It pays to shop around at renewal. Also, if someone has hit you and you are contemplating settling outside of insurance, do ensure that what may appear on the surface to be fairly minor cosmetic damage is nothing more serious. In many cases bumpers are designed to absorb impacts and return to their previous form. The strengthening bars behind are not and it is these can become damaged from even a minor shunt.

Last edited:
What makes it even more annoying looking at it more closely this morning is it's probably a few hundred quid to sort..£300 tops. Thanks for all the advice though will ring my insurance at 9 when they open

I had a bump 3 days after I bought my E55. Not my fault, a van reversed out of a side road as I was passing. He admitted full blame to his insurer on the phone and the next day I rang my insurer to tell them, but not before the third parties insurer had contacted me offering to sort everything out. After hearing what happened, my insurers were not interested.

A courtesy car was arranged and I chose my own body shop, all on the other guys insurance. Come renewal, my NCB was intact and the premium was unchanged.
So there are cases when you don't lose out.
The only negative is having to declare a non fault accident for the following 5 years.

Went to a mechanic with the guy at fault today and he agreed to pay for it so seems all good. Hopefully that will be the end of it because to be honest the damage is tiny and definitely not worth claiming for

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom