Sorry, another question: Original tyre compressor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lisa110rry

Car
1999 SLK Kompressor and a Honda CRV (the latter gone but not forgotten)
I made my previous thread "Fixed" and don't know how to unfix it so I had to start another!

Having packed away my new skinny spare wheel, I realised what the "hole" to the left hand side of the boot is for! The compressor for said skinny wheel! Now, I do have a compressor, but it doesn't fit that spot, too big.

Does anyone know if a special adaptor is needed and thus a special Merc compressor?

Alternatively, this looks compact and natty:

Mercedes B Class Digital Air Compressor 12V 150 PSI | eBay

As a further alternative, this is much cheaper and may fit (would have to get measurements), but not so cute:

ELECTRIC 12V AIR PUMP TYRE INFLATOR COMPRESSOR 250 PSI MERCEDES M CLASS SUV | eBay

Cute is a factor, but not the only factor, size and cost are also to be weighed up.

Thanks for any comments...

Although ours is an MB unit I wouldn't worry about buying any make that fits in the hole.

Oh no! Now I'm salivating. At this rate I'll never have the spare money to get my wheels done! (Well, not in my head at any rate.)

However, this doesn't look as though it would fit in mine. Must take a picture, and with my newly learned picture posting skills, show you it. Unfortunately, will have to wait until I get home. Mine just has a hole with a Velcro ribbon for tying it in to the car.

Hmmm... I guess it will really need to be OEM though.

On my previous E63 the MB unit didn't work the first time I used it.

I'd get a good quality branded item - when you need it, you really need it :crazy:

To be honest, developer, whilst I appreciate your information very much, I would probably need it less than you (at least in an urgent sense) as I could never change a wheel. However, I've had another look at the space with the Velcro wrap, and taken a picture, although I'll need to get on a laptop to be able to post it. The space still doesn't look right but perhaps I'm wrongly assuming that spot is for the compressor. Tomorrow will tell as you knowledgeable people give me your opinions/comments.

Here is a picture of the hole and strap place. I take it, it is for a compressor?

To be honest, developer, whilst I appreciate your information very much, I would probably need it less than you (at least in an urgent sense) as I could never change a wheel...

Perhaps a friend, neighbour, colleague, passer-by, good Samaritan, trafpol officer, or a fellow MB Club member - might happen to be nearby, saving you the wait for the AA (or RAC, or Green Flag, or Mobilo)....?

At any rate, if it was me I would buy the original MB pump, not because another pump won't work, but just because... but then again I also have an MB-Branded pen in the glove compartment ;) .

Is this what you want?

Bruce Millar, you are now making my life untenable!!!!! :doh::wallbash: I hadn't given any thought whatsoever to a towing eye or first aid kit!

And as for you, Mark! I shall now have to search for a pen AND retractable pencil set if such a thing exists.

I have in the past had my eye on a vintage head scarf to keep my locks in place while driving, but settled on a YSL one instead, a step down I know, but hey ho.

My heart desperately wants the full OEM kit, but my head says "you can send it on much more important things, like wheels, and you did promise not to spend loads of money on this car".

The struggle continues...

Lisa

If you want the entire kit? I would suggest that you place an ad on here in the Wanted: section and maybe use the picture above. I did this for my 30 year old 124 and managed to get a complete, as new, toolkit from a brilliant member on here.

Next place would be Dronsfields: They are one of the largest MB breakers in the UK. They often have these kind of things, either complete or in part. Sometimes getting a part set will be good as you can then continue searching at your leisure.

FYI: It is addictive. I have complete toolkits in of my cars (sad but true). My C55 one was obtained through ebay and at a really great price as a second chance bidder.

If you get the headscarf (I like YSL) Then you must be seen in the original Cat Eye style sunglasses.

Good luck in your search. I love cars that are 100% complete. That often says a lot about how the car has been looked after.

Perhaps a friend, neighbour, colleague, passer-by, good Samaritan, trafpol officer, or a fellow MB Club member - might happen to be nearby, saving you the wait for the AA (or RAC, or Green Flag, or Mobilo)....?

At any rate, if it was me I would buy the original MB pump, not because another pump won't work, but just because... but then again I also have an MB-Branded pen in the glove compartment ;) .

image.jpg

I looked at both the compressor links with ebay - they are not something I'd want to rely on and they are not MB either- I had one such & it literally shook itself to bits inflating a bicycle tyre

I looked at both the compressor links with ebay - they are not something I'd want to rely on and they are not MB either- I had one such & it literally shook itself to bits inflating a bicycle tyre

You actually used it? They are for cool looks only not for use. Next thing you will be telling us that you drove the car in the rain......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom