Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I actually was posting detailing work before elite detailer was on this site. 2 weeks in and he was offered the entire detailing sub forum for which I was not aware off. I then posted a detail of a members car of mbclub.co.uk.

Koolvin then banned me without telling me that the reason I was banned was because elite detailer had the rights to all things detailed. Emails were never answered, that in the end another forum member ( who I detail cars for his company) had to tell me because no one would contact me.

Near on a year later, I then get an email from koolvin ( Who still never emailed me about the reason why I was actually banned) asking if I want the rights and pay for advertisment for the detailing section. The price i was quoted was too much for me, especially when I don't sell products, have no internet shop. The way I looked at it was I was going to pay a premium to show my work for the job im passionate about, and help all members out with troubles they might be having with regards to cleaning there pride and joys.

All im saying is, I don't need my details looked at as advertisement. To be completely honest i have nearly everyday booked up between now and june 2012.

But please do not take this as an arrogant remark, i'm just trying to show mbclub I don't need free illegal advertisement from its site.

But for the love of my job, I am more then happy for members to ask me questions and I will always lend them free support. I post here for nothing more then helpful advice and when I have ever posted a detail, its because it was an interesting job that that someone else might be able to learn from.

But above all I see mbclub as my 'home' site. I have made alot of friends here and had some awesome trackdays with friends, clients and members. I fill I have alot to give to this site as far as advice and pulling in extra mentle cars for the track days for members to enjoy.

so please don't think im advertising. I just love shwing you my work that im proud of and hope you enjoy. If payments come down to it, I'm more then happy to split the cost with other detailers so we can just cover are own direct areas. This way it will keep the forum happy and I can continue helping members and showing you what I do best.

Kind regards

Michael

I actually was posting detailing work before elite detailer was on this site. 2 weeks in and he was offered the entire detailing sub forum for which I was not aware off. I then posted a detail of a members car of mbclub.co.uk.

Koolvin then banned me without telling me that the reason I was banned was because elite detailer had the rights to all things detailed. Emails were never answered, that in the end another forum member ( who I detail cars for his company) had to tell me because no one would contact me.

Near on a year later, I then get an email from koolvin ( Who still never emailed me about the reason why I was actually banned) asking if I want the rights and pay for advertisment for the detailing section. The price i was quoted was too much for me, especially when I don't sell products, have no internet shop. The way I looked at it was I was going to pay a premium to show my work for the job im passionate about, and help all members out with troubles they might be having with regards to cleaning there pride and joys.

All im saying is, I don't need my details looked at as advertisement. To be completely honest i have nearly everyday booked up between now and june 2012.

But please do not take this as an arrogant remark, i'm just trying to show mbclub I don't need free illegal advertisement from its site.

But for the love of my job, I am more then happy for members to ask me questions and I will always lend them free support. I post here for nothing more then helpful advice and when I have ever posted a detail, its because it was an interesting job that that someone else might be able to learn from.

But above all I see mbclub as my 'home' site. I have made alot of friends here and had some awesome trackdays with friends, clients and members. I fill I have alot to give to this site as far as advice and pulling in extra mentle cars for the track days for members to enjoy.

so please don't think im advertising. I just love shwing you my work that im proud of and hope you enjoy. If payments come down to it, I'm more then happy to split the cost with other detailers so we can just cover are own direct areas. This way it will keep the forum happy and I can continue helping members and showing you what I do best.

Kind regards

Michael

The best post on the thread, thanks Michael :thumb:

I'm exactly the same really proud of my work and the business that I have built up with some very high end clients, hence why I like to show my work off also.

If people look though my posts they can see I give advise and try and help people, I've even done it on this thread if you read it.

It would be totally different if all I posted was full writes up with company details splattered everywhere going up everyday, All my other thread's have been Mercedes until the 1st Bentley post got added with loads of interest so I thought I'd post my Bentley details up for people to view/look at.

If Adam would of kept his opinions to himself and not even commented on my post it wouldn't of all come to this. Just my 2p's worth.

Paul

No I dont do it like in that video, well there methods anyway. the product application is ok, view the thread and pics i sent, just watch out on paintwork for any splashes etc, best to cover the cars paintwork and glass etc.

Can you point me to the thread and pics on this Renovo you sent. I am missing it for some reason.

Thanks for everything, W. :):)

Can you point me to the thread and pics on this Renovo you sent. I am missing it for some reason.

Thanks for everything, W. :):)

Its the link in this thread.

Detailing Midlands - BMW 645i convertible
You see he has the whole car bagged and covered apart from the roof, Its worthwhile spending 10 mins prep rather than 30 mins after removing and overspray splash marks etc.

When you get around to it, post up some pics of how you get on.

Paul :thumb:

Chill out guys

lol at the tags.

Agree on a few things here - MB cars only and run down step by step of what has been done for the benefit of all other members. i.e products how to use/dilute/apply.

Theres other generic marque forums to showcase work.

I gotta say, detailing is a bitchy business ain't it.... what happened to the love ha.

He said, she said ......

Best advice I received was "if you have nothing useful to say, then shut up" - good advice, heed it:)

In a public spat all participants lose their dignity:D

(ps - you have to have dignity in the first place to be able to lose it, so I am exempt:D)

lol at the tags.

Agree on a few things here - MB cars only and run down step by step of what has been done for the benefit of all other members. i.e products how to use/dilute/apply.

Theres other generic marque forums to showcase work.

I gotta say, detailing is a bitchy business ain't it.... what happened to the love ha.

I like seeing the odd non Benz detailed here, I don't go to the detailing section because it is just too much detail (noise) for me personally. It is nice to see a Benz here but it is also nice to see other cars sometimes IMHO.....

If Adam would of kept his opinions to himself and not even commented on my post it wouldn't of all come to this. Just my 2p's worth.

Hmm, thing is you commented on his thread first:

I was then asked to do the Mulsanne,but couldn't fit it in my diary at short notice with my busy schedule.

There were no Mulsannes evident in your photos, so that comment can only have been a reference to adam87's thread. And even when I first read it this morning, I thought it came across as rather snide.

Just my 2p's worth...

On a lighter note, I did'nt even know of the 'tags' before this thread so cheers fellas.

And must say the 'wash mits at dawn' is my fav!!

Advertising.

With all these detailers competing for work, you'd think the prices would be more reasonable.

That said, I'm thinking at this point that commercial detailers shouldn't be posting here at all. We can all go to detailing world if we want that kind of thing.

Wax on
Wax off

Last edited:
Ermmm, I do think its kinda nice when they post their work and members can actually see firsthand how and what has been done and maybe generate business for them aswell. I don't know the rules regarding advertisement on here though...

Advertising.

With all these detailers competing for work, you'd think the prices would be more reasonable.

That said, I'm thinking at this point that commercial detailers shouldn't be posting here at all. We can all go to detailing world if we want that kind of thing.

Wax on
Wax off

What about banning all of them? seems a bit unfair to just ban Paul when Adam is clearly up to the same.

What about banning all of them? seems a bit unfair to just ban Paul when Adam is clearly up to the same.

I'm with you there but you'll need to remember that Adam has been a bit more helpful.See one of his threads where he's gone through providing how to pictures and at least they're mercs
Also he's done a few members cars at some very good prices
When that thread about the CLK paint correction kicked of we had many people joining from DW just so they can stick up for eachother yet no one turned and said to the OP that the quote he got was a bit to high

What also made me laugh is that Spike asked more than once for a quote but they all kept their mouth shut

Hmm, thing is you commented on his thread first:

There were no Mulsannes evident in your photos, so that comment can only have been a reference to adam87's thread. And even when I first read it this morning, I thought it came across as rather snide.

Just my 2p's worth...

Post 3 seems to show Adam getting in first, and PaulHVD did not post on Adam's thread.:confused:

Post 3 seems to show Adam getting in first, and PaulHVD did not post on Adam's thread.:confused:

The way I read it, adam87's post, albeit illadvised, was a reaction to the closing comments in post #1, which can fairly be taken as a slight on him. Had that last line not been included, I doubt post #3 would have been made.

It sticks in the craw to then see PaulHVD painting himself as the innocent party in the spat. All very entertaining, though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom