Sprint/Hillclimbing Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Got to the lockup this morning and it felt like Siberia. Ever tried rubbing down paintwork on a day like this? I had to break the ice on the water so could apply it to the car. The results were terrible as it froze straight away. (see piccy's) Dont worry Grav, it will be right on the day ( I must remember to keep saying that :eek: )

second part of pics, apologies for taking up another post.

oooh - I've just popped out to Sainsbury's - it's freezing out there. This is real dedication - or is it madness :rolleyes: :D Hope you've got lots of hot drinks to warm you up.

pammy said:
This is real dedication - or is it madness :rolleyes: :D Hope you've got lots of hot drinks to warm you up.

Pure madness and whats a hot drink? Mark ....... hint hint.

Ian B Walker said:
Pure madness and whats a hot drink? Mark ....... hint hint.
I had a really nice coffee delivered to me just after you left, had sweets and biscuits aswell :devil: :D

th_Image000.jpg

Just had confirmation of the teams entry into the Harewood event on the 27th of March. :bannana:
Hope to see some friendly faces there.

Just a quick note to say that I will be fit for spraying on the saturday, but might not say much on the friday/saturday nights as I have just had my appointment come through to extract 4 wisdom teeth this coming tuesday at 1545 hrs.
I am sure I'll make up for my loss of speech will be more than made up for by my thirst :devil:

GRAV888 said:
Just a quick note to say that I will be fit for spraying on the saturday, but might not say much on the friday/saturday nights as I have just had my appointment come through to extract 4 wisdom teeth this coming tuesday at 1545 hrs.
I am sure I'll make up for my loss of speech will be more than made up for by my thirst :devil:
ooooooch!!
would not want to swap places with you mate, If you need to swap the date mate I do understand!(would get me out of the dog house with the wife to ;) :D )

Last edited:
Well just a quick update, the car is going to get its new skin over the weekend :bannana: . I will post pics when done.

Just had a lovely morning with the boys finishing off the spray job :bannana:

They're doing a superb job on it - can't wait to see it with all the finishing touches now :devil:

Should be a couple of interesting piccies for you all to see soon :eek:

Had a "spirited" drive over on the A59 and back again too - so all in all - a great day out :D :devil: :devil:

Last edited:
Left at 1.15pm
Got back home at 5 00pm.
287 miles in 3 hrs 45 mins :rock: :rock:

Pics to follow :D

GRAV888 said:
Left at 1.15pm
Got back home at 5 00pm.
287 miles in 3 hrs 45 mins :rock: :rock:

Pics to follow :D

Bl***y Hell mate :eek: BTW thanks for the drive this morning, I neeeeeed an AMG :rolleyes:

Ian B Walker said:
Bl***y Hell mate :eek: BTW thanks for the drive this morning, I neeeeeed an AMG :rolleyes:

Is only an average speed of 76.53333333 mph, so not that quick really.
Was an accident on the M6, J17 but other than that, no troubles.

Glad you liked the drive of the E55.
Hope to meet up again soon :D

Glad you got back OK - sounds like a fun drive :rock:

Hi all,
Not sure weather to post in events or bodywork but anyway, here is the fruits of everyones Labours.
Again all I can say is a VERY big thanks to all that have helped, Ian, Grav, Sean, Jimmy, Pammy I could not have done this without you guys.
Looks like the first event on the 17th April is not going to be a problem so I hope to see you all out there.
I will keep this thread updated as the season progresses
Cheers
Mark
Again I really cant thank you guys and girls enough!
Metro+sprint1.JPG

Metro+sprint2.JPG

Last edited:
Mark - it looks great :rock: :bannana:

Was a pleasure to be of assistance. You need a great BIG decal on the bonnet though ;)

pammy said:
Mark - it looks great :rock: :bannana:

Was a pleasure to be of assistance. You need a great BIG decal on the bonnet though ;)
Funny you should say that, Grav is sorting as we speak ;)

Is it me or is there something missing. :confused: I think Pammy has it right, or maybe a set of fluffy dice :)

Lookin good Mark. Now listen to me, bend it and you know what happens :rolleyes:

Ian B Walker said:
Is it me or is there something missing. :confused: I think Pammy has it right, or maybe a set of fluffy dice :)

Lookin good Mark. Now listen to me, bend it and you know what happens :rolleyes:

I think we should have done the side skirts and the lower part of the bumpers the same colour as the mirrors :devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom