Stone Chip Repair Kits - any of these any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AbbieCadabra

Car
E350CDI
my beauty is just over 2 years old & has 3 or 4 quite deep stone chips on the bonnet :(

i know DIY repair doesn't look too great, but i don't want to leave them for much longer.

i've found these kits on ebay - anybody know of or used any of them? (i think the 2nd one is the official MB kit?).

MERCEDES Professional Scratch Chip Paint Repair kit on eBay (end time 25-Nov-09 23:10:55 GMT)

Mercedes Metallic Touch Up Paint Pencil Inc Lacquer on eBay (end time 27-Nov-09 08:16:50 GMT)

MERCEDES Stone Chip Paint Scratch Touch Up Repair Kit on eBay (end time 28-Nov-09 21:27:42 GMT)

thanks guys :thumb:

Haven't tried any of the ones listed but have used halfords own & the colour match(brilliant silver for mine) is very good,the kit is only about £10;)

yep i agree the halfords onces are much better than the MB ones.. the pin tip actually allows you to put just the right amount of paint on the chip.

Personally, i use Halfords aerosol, spray it into its own lid, & then apply with an artists brush while its still runny/alive with its own thinners. You dont get that horrid 'blob' of paint look.

:bannana:Sherwood Forest GTG Sunday December 13th, 12 noon :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom