• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Terminal Velocity Part Deux

Really good day out :) good too see the faces behind the names finally :) I must say the AMG's done me proud....cracking event :)

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

A great day out and the AMG's did really good.
On a personal level, my car ran consistent at 186mph for 9 separate runs down the shorter 1.3 mile runway strip. I did manage to start 50yds sooner on a couple of runs but that made no difference as that surface was crap for traction so just spun the wheels.
We found out, nearer the end of the day, my aircon was not working so in turn meant the Killer Chiller wasn't functioning as it should and so IAT's were up to 80c!

Once and for all I will have the whole cooling side of things stripped and re-plumbed for optimum effectiveness and another remap for 99ron fuel and try again.

On a 1.5 mile strip there would have been at least 5 MB's hitting the 200mph + figures

I really enjoyed being the first car of the day to run alongside Justin (acej) in his SL63 and both of us crossing the line at 186mph.
My starts were pretty good for most runs (except against Peter!) and I left the fastest MB (Craig's C63 Stage 3 Weistec standing for the 1st half mile until he passed me and disappeared............over the finish line..................................and through the braking zone..........................into the vegetation......................!! Really funny moment and one for the memory bank ;)

Bruno.....chin up, once those little gremlins are fixed your car will be as quick as the top ones for sure!

Alex.......apologies for tilting the Portaloo whilst you were in it but it was too good an opportunity to miss :)

MSL's own A45 AMG is a pocket rocket!! Smashing the tarmac on its launch every time.....pure missile!

Best sounding car of the day? For me it's Peter DLM's deep rumbling thunder ;)

I see Chris made a special effort to spruce his car up for the event.

Is that a (almost) shiny patch I can see where Dave brushed up against it a couple of weeks back :dk:

:p :D

I left the fastest MB (Craig's C63 Stage 3 Weistec standing for the 1st half mile until he passed me and disappeared............over the finish line..................................and through the braking zone..........................into the vegetation......................!! Really funny moment and one for the memory bank ;)
Did anyone manage to get any video of Craig's gardening exploits? Sounds like it was fun :D

:thumb:
Did anyone manage to get any video of Craig's gardening exploits? Sounds like it was fun :D

Didn't get a pic of Craig's, but I did of mine! Pic to follow

I went into the rough each and every time, and on one occasion nearly went into what was beyond that :D

Pete has modestly underplayed his Bentley bashing.

It was a Continental GT Speed (with the word Speed where we have our 6.2 etc on the front wing) - huge sports wheels, a very macho stance and looking every inch like it could shift the earth off it's axis :crazy:.

I had a very brief chat with it's very pleasant (and rather posh) middle aged owner, who explained it was a W12 6.0 biturbo, before he rumbled around to the launch area.

As he arrived at the start he saw that he'd be running alone and called from under his full face helmet "would anybody like a race?"

Well, it would have been be rude not to wouldn't it? :D

Happy to oblige was Pete The Estate, who duly left him in some AMG biturbo dust :cool:.

Meeting up back at the pits the guy, managing to contain his disappointment, mused to his chums about how fast some of these family cars were these days (or something like that).

Such fun :thumb:.

sjmaxwell said:
I did and its on Craigs facebook page with Chris and I laughing as he goes in the rough :D:thumb:
Linky? (I'm not on Facebook).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom