The first thousand miles...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seven

Car
Transporter Kombi
Well, the first thousand miles came up this morning as I went through Petersfield.
I must admit I have been pretty careful during the running in period - I have only gone over the recommended 4500 rpm twice, both times whilst overtaking. Mind you the weather in these parts has not been conducive to booting it!
My first impressions are that this car is superb. Whilst I have driven a few fast cars I have not owned a seriously quick one - or one I would call seriously quick. It feels very planted and inspires confidence. The power is immense, very linear and just keeps on coming - as I further discovered this morning when the needle hit 6k. My only foray so far into sport+ mode has made me realise that I have only scratched the surface of the true performance of it. It can be a little scary the way this car gathers pace and you realise that the car in front is approaching VERY quickly! The torque is addictive and you really only need to use a little of it's potential to satisfy your needs. I love the way that the urgency and shove in the back starts at 2k rpm. Just like my old 320 cdi!
The interior is fantastic. I sat in a pre facelift model and this one really is a much nicer place to be. The layout is great and the dash graphics are superb as is the comand. The Harmon Kardon sound is great. I think that you always get a little over excited with a brand new car though. The seats are perfect for me although they wouldn't suit everyone. I don't really have any gripes with the interior - I've had none of the rattles or knocking that some have had(yet!). I suppose the only one would be the reflection of the dash vents in the door mirrors. A minor one I know.
As for fuel consumption it's at 23.6 so far. I must reiterate that I haven't had a heavy right foot and I would expect it to go down.
My insurance for the year was £373.
Well that's about it I think. If you are thinking of buying one of these then I certainly wouldn't put you off.

Sounds like its living upto expectations or even exceeding them. I can't wait....

Now you have achieved the magic 1000 the fun can really start, keep us informed on how it goes.

:)

Seven. I can only agree. ;) whilst I have hardly had the radio on as the soundtrack of the engine is still quite addictive and the torque is still a nice surprise each time I drive it. Good to read your thoughts, thanks.

As you I have very little to criticise but if I must it's the dust/fingerprints on the shiny black gear surround, it looks good but I have to dust it off all the time...:eek:

Still only have 580 miles on mine avg of 18

mw_C32 said:
Seven. I can only agree. ;) whilst I have hardly had the radio on as the soundtrack of the engine is still quite addictive and the torque is still a nice surprise each time I drive it. Good to read your thoughts, thanks.

As you I have very little to criticise but if I must it's the dust/fingerprints on the shiny black gear surround, it looks good but I have to dust it off all the time...:eek:

Still only have 580 miles on mine avg of 18

Your MPG will only go down. I recall your entrance to the Gaydon car park lol

I thought so too. Seems that adding my other half made a big difference.

Which half had you forgotten to put on first, the head or your legs?

Saturday night stand up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom