Thoughts on a Northern GTG?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am interested, as long as it's not too near Scotland!

You got to be kidding, Right?

The whole point of a 'Northern' GTG, is to allow people who stay in places, like Scotland, who can't make it to Germany or Goodwood, a chance to meet other people from the forums and have a good chat about cars.

I don't mean any offence Graham, but I have been trying to organise MB meetings for a while now, and I have found that everybody wants to have it on their doorstep.

Like I said before, I can travel down to Manchester no probs, but I will be travelling over 200 miles to the NEAREST GTG I can get to.

May I be so bold as to suggest moving it slightly further North to spread the travelling costs/times

I will be bringing other MB owners,some travelling further than me, so please, let as many people as possible 'have their shot'

Bazza

PS I don't want to cause offence to anyone as I am new to this forum and I am just a bit grumpy after doing 14hours at work without a break today

Originally posted by bazza

May I be so bold as to suggest moving it slightly further North to spread the travelling costs/times

Bazza

Bazza as much as I would like to accomodate you I dont think I can get any further north. My reason for saying this is that I dont know anywhere further up the country from here that I could do something about. I too am new to this and do rely on feed back from members (thanks all ) All I want to do is provide a good day out with a little fun for everyone who feels that they can or want to attend. While at the Summer GTG I had a superb day, Ok I am lucky in having relatives who live down there. I would dearly like people in the North of Englnd and the Travelling band of enthusiasts from the South to have a good day without having to organise it themselves. Another suggestion would be to have a Scottish GTG. I would attend as would many others from this part of the world.

Ian,

Your effort is well appreciated. Both date and place are OK with me. Do you have a contact with Brabus (of Wigan). If not I may know a friend of a friend who may be able to help. Also, I have no problems in inviting the local dealers to demonstrate their goods.

Originally posted by bazza
You got to be kidding, Right?

The whole point of a 'Northern' GTG, is to allow people who stay in places, like Scotland, who can't make it to Germany or Goodwood, a chance to meet other people from the forums and have a good chat about cars.

I don't mean any offence Graham, but I have been trying to organise MB meetings for a while now, and I have found that everybody wants to have it on their doorstep.

Like I said before, I can travel down to Manchester no probs, but I will be travelling over 200 miles to the NEAREST GTG I can get to.

I will be bringing other MB owners,some travelling further than me, so please, let as many people as possible 'have their shot'

Bazza

PS I don't want to cause offence to anyone as I am new to this forum and I am just a bit grumpy after doing 14hours at work without a break today

If I did 14 hours with out a break I would either be grouchy too or smiling at the overtime.

Anyway, Dude. Chill.

The meaning of my post is, if you between yourselves decide to hold your Northern GTG somewhere not a million miles away from me - ie the already suggested Salmesbury, which is about 3 hours drive from me, I'll make the effort and come, as the likes of Shude & Simonl (others I'm sure) have for us at the Southern GTGs.

If you decide to have your meeting somewhere that I cannot realistically come to then fine!!

I just wanted to show a little support and if us Midlanders can make the numbers up on your already decided event and make it better then so be it.

You have to make your plans around the most Northern people who will actually be attending the GTG, who have not been able to attend before as your priority IMHO. If this is to attract people from Scotland too, then I expect you may decide on an extreme North location, which is fair enough!

I should have clarified in my original post, but I spend all day at work with the office politicans making caveats so I didn't bother.

Last edited:
Truce, apologies to those I may have offended, not intentional. And yes please if you know someone at Brabus Wigan I would be interested in meeting him / her .

Mmmm Runway what possible use is that we have cars not planes

Mind you my 190 is red just like the red arrows planes, better get some smoke canisters:D :D

Another suggestion would be to have a Scottish GTG

Err, I did suggest that, but out of courtesy to members in the North/Midlands of England I suggested that a location in the North of England would be more suitable for everybody.

Manchester is NOT the North of England!

You have to make your plans around the most Northern people who will actually be attending the GTG, who have not been able to attend before as your priority IMHO. If this is to attract people from Scotland too, then I expect you may decide on an extreme North location, which is fair enough!

Well said!!

I'll shut up now and go chill as Graham suggested.

Bazza

On these GTGs is there something there to interest the women ?
The problems I have had in the past dragging the wife to bike shows full of scantilly clad females draped over bikes. Seriously the wife would need something to interest her there, we could make it only on a Sunday due to work committments.

Sounds good,I'd like to come if it's on a weekend.

Ian

As previously discussed, you already know I'm up for it.

Anyway, here is a list of 'definate-maybes' that can be copied and pasted as and when:-

Ian B Walker
bazza
hellme
Aletank
Pluggers
Shude
Mizzat
Simonl
Manpolsabre
Sym
mbz 6
Wheelie
Flyer
jimmy
GrahamC230K
Steve_bcs
Andy W
Shovel
Ron

Originally posted by Andy W
On these GTGs is there something there to interest the women ?
The problems I have had in the past dragging the wife to bike shows full of scantilly clad females draped over bikes. Seriously the wife would need something to interest her there, we could make it only on a Sunday due to work committments.

Sorry Andy W, It has to be a Saturday. Something for the wife, Hmmmmm well there is always Blackpool very nearby, or Preston for the shops, or Camelot for the kids, or Lytham to chill out in, or St Annes to fall asleep in. Couple of decent golf course arround here though and a driving range if anyone would be interested.

Update..................BAC proving to be troublesome to contact, Mercedes Balckpool are comming, watch this space for further updates. Accomodation list to be published by Monday next

I've added myself to the list, OK for 25/26th October

Ian B Walker
bazza
hellme
Aletank
Pluggers
Shude
Mizzat
Simonl
Manpolsabre
Sym
mbz 6
Wheelie
Flyer
jimmy
GrahamC230K
Steve_bcs
Andy W
Shovel
Ron
Brian WH

Count me in too as Salmesbury is just down the road from me, may even bring a bike if you get a nice bit of tarmac, show you how slow cars are when I blow the dust off my FZR1000 :p

Originally posted by Ian B Walker
I have a thought, well a dream really, of using B.A.C. at Salmsbury (2 mins from Jnc 30 M6), they have a nice loooong runway where some of you could try out "things" :D I need to start asking the relative Companies if they will allow it?

Has any of this been checked out yet?

What is the current planned location? Is there going to be a fee for hiring the runway? Is the surface good?

Yes the GTG is going to happen. I am trying to be polite and let the German one be sorted. Details will be posted this weekend. BAC dont want to let us play with their runway, which is a bummer but I have to finalise another venue Sat am. Watch this space as they say.

At last. I now have a venue sorted after being let down by other organisations.

address is:-

Great Birchwood Country Park
Lytham Road,
Warton,
Lancashire
PR4 1AH

Tel 01772 633162

The confirmed date 25 October 2003

Time 11am till 5pm.

I will scan and publish the brochure as they have accomodation too. I will also publish two other places locally for accomodation that I can vouch for. Watch this space and thanks for your patience

Scanned brochure

GTG acc 2a.jpg

GTG acc 1a.jpg

Other Accomodation is reccomended at :-

Fairfield Arms (just off Jnc 3 M55)
Fleetwood Road,
Greenhaig
Preston

Tel 01772 685561 (Bev the manageress is mad keen on Mercs)

Birley Arms,
Bryning Lane
Warton
Lancashire

tel 01772 679988

Sorry, I am not going to be able to make it afterall! :mad:

Unknown to me, we are away on holiday that week in Wales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom