Time to move on...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm sure that there was a good one where a member drove to another member's house and parked across the road spying on him.

At least one of them was never heard from again.

If Carlsberg made forum threads...

After 16 years spent on different forums (feels shorter) I've long come to the conclusion the nicest are where people on the whole seem to get along without moderation, and if more than the lightest of interventions are necessary repeatedly then I'm off. I think the mods here do a good job and again I am going to repeat my thanks to them for doing an unpaid and time consuming job for which they get too much flak. I think it is no coincidence that there are no ex mods on here actively any more. Think before criticism.

Political threads have no appeal at all to me, so I stay out. I am watching another forum that set up a politics forum tear itself apart at present. I also ignore numerous threads that really are of no importance to my life and judiciously use the ignore function (once I'm up to 10 I'm off).

Technical help is much more available on older cars, new ones are now in the realm of those with Star and expertise beyond that of an amateur. I feel no lack of help when I come here asking.

In those 16 years I have noticed immense churn in memberships, people get tired as much of the repetition (should I buy wine en primeur, what to look for in buying a W124 etc). I rapidly exited a Land Rover forum as the standard response to a question was 'use the ******* search function'. This rarely happens here (although people should really try to do some work themselves - reading your own manual should be a prerequisite to ownership) and it remains most welcoming.

Society is less polite, less selfless, more aggressive and more self-entitled. Forums are too.

Grrr.....

Just remind me where he's from again Lee?

Absolutely agree. Empty Room + Bruno = Argument. (Sorry B couldn't resist)

Lol !
You and Lee soft nuverners!

I only use this forum and private lounge,so to me here is home .

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I feel somewhat responsible for the lack of technical assistance of late. I used to post all the time and because of work commitments and a 6 year old daughter to look after I dont get much spare time anymore. I am aiming to change that soon though!

You're terrible at replying to PMs too! :p

I feel I have to add that that was a joke btw lol

I'm in no rush :thumb:

I feel somewhat responsible for the lack of technical assistance of late. I used to post all the time and because of work commitments and a 6 year old daughter to look after I dont get much spare time anymore. I am aiming to change that soon though!

Just remember that in the hierarchy of late life male regrets, not spending enough time with the family and not having enough sex are pretty much at the top. I somehow doubt that many men regret that they didn't spend more time on the MBclub forum...

Charles Morgan said:
Just remember that in the hierarchy of late life male regrets, not spending enough time with the family and not having enough sex are pretty much at the top. I somehow doubt that many men regret that they didn't spend more time on the MBclub forum...

Maybe we should have a sex sub forum.

I'm sure that there was a good one where a member drove to another member's house and parked across the road spying on him.

At least one of them was never heard from again.

If Carlsberg made forum threads...

Was it the member who's avatars was Poirot investigating The Boss?
Funny times.

Was it the member who's avatars was Poirot investigating The Boss?
Funny times.

I believe that it was, how funny was that?

As I recall the Boss took it pretty well and the other bloke did a runner, I wonder if he still looks in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom