• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Total waste of our money

What gets me with this type of enforcement is that if the objective is to make the roads safer then one should prevent people speeding before they do it, not catch them speeding from 1000ft up, allowing them to continue unhindered before sending them a fine in the post. :confused:

Me thinks this country needs a complete rethink on its strategy on road safety.

This has always been the case on the A69 Carlisle - Newcastle road and has been for many years, to actually prove they do it they "park" the helicopter at the side of the road near the "speeders targeted by airbourne devices" sign. Always makes me smile when you come round a corner and see the helicopter parked up just as though it were a traffic car. A good use of funds ? Open to debate but the A69 just as the A68 in earlier posts trecherous when the weather comes in, so if it saves lives then guess you would have to say yes?

Who cares again? :rolleyes:

Taxpayers, not that there is a lot we can do about it, but just because you live in merseyside dont think your taxes are not paying for it, they are, it goes into a pot and everybody takes out of it, just like my surrey taxes are paying for dole sitting single mothers in other parts of the country, unpolitically, for example,

Scarecrow tactics.

What gets me with this type of enforcement is that if the objective is to make the roads safer then one should prevent people speeding before they do it, not catch them speeding from 1000ft up, allowing them to continue unhindered before sending them a fine in the post. :confused:

Me thinks this country needs a complete rethink on its strategy on road safety.

No money in that you see ;)

Investigating, uncovering and arresting people plotting to kill Gordon Brown; now THAT'S a waste of Police resources, time, money etc!

:D

This has always been the case on the A69 Carlisle - Newcastle road and has been for many years, to actually prove they do it they "park" the helicopter at the side of the road near the "speeders targeted by airbourne devices" sign. Always makes me smile when you come round a corner and see the helicopter parked up just as though it were a traffic car. A good use of funds ? Open to debate but the A69 just as the A68 in earlier posts trecherous when the weather comes in, so if it saves lives then guess you would have to say yes?

Is A69 safer than A66? The last I used A69 the full stretch between Newcastle and Carlisle is 1991. I used it between Corbridge and Newcastle to take the short cut from Scotland and this stretch is dual carriageway. A66 is safer and more dual-carriageway miles although I feel more spirits along A66. :D

Is A69 safer than A66? The last I used A69 the full stretch between Newcastle and Carlisle is 1991. I used it between Corbridge and Newcastle to take the short cut from Scotland and this stretch is dual carriageway. A66 is safer and more dual-carriageway miles although I feel more spirits along A66. :D

No road is safe these days with the balloons who use them with total lack of regard for anyone's safety. Like this morning I was driving down the A34 bypass and just approaching the last roundabout before it turns into Alderley Edge. A Range Rover was caning it up the fast lane and cut in just before the gap closed between me and stationary traffic.

No doubt so he could say "look at me in my Range Rover".

Why do people do this ? What is it with this mentality of people in their cars. You see it every 2 minutes on the road. What's up with people ?

Taxpayers, not that there is a lot we can do about it, but just because you live in merseyside dont think your taxes are not paying for it they are

Sorry mate, I have better things to worry about than where my tax is going, what is the point in complaining and moaning when there is little that can be done about it - well except for election time.

it goes into a pot and everybody takes out of it, just like my surrey taxes are paying for dole sitting single mothers in other parts of the country, unpolitically, for example,

Yet another problem that won't go away so why worry?

There are bigger fish to fry like - where to get hold of a Canbus emulator/adapter for my pending Command install

Sorry mate, I have better things to worry about than where my tax is going, what is the point in complaining and moaning when there is little that can be done about it - well except for election time.

Yet another problem that won't go away so why worry?

There are bigger fish to fry like - where to get hold of a Canbus emulator/adapter for my pending Command install

was kind of agreeing with you mate, annoying as it is there is not a lot we can do about it, without getting political voting with your feet wont really help as all governments in all countries will expect hard working people like me to pay for poor stupid plebs (how stupid are they to get me to pay for everything though????),

likewise my hardest decision at the moment is whether to go on a carribean cruise or have a week driving in iceland, oh thats why I work hard rather than sitting on the dole!!!

was kind of agreeing with you mate, annoying as it is there is not a lot we can do about it, without getting political voting with your feet wont really help as all governments in all countries will expect hard working people like me to pay for poor stupid plebs (how stupid are they to get me to pay for everything though????),

likewise my hardest decision at the moment is whether to go on a carribean cruise or have a week driving in iceland, oh thats why I work hard rather than sitting on the dole!!!

Go on the carribean cruise, I been to Farnham last year, pretty boring place, the greek pizza place is a rip-off, luckily been paid for by company. :D

Otherwise, your hardest decision would be whether to go on Jerry Springer or Jeremy Kyle..... :eek:

Go for the Caribbean Cruise - it's always cheapest in November, and at $2 to the £ your spending money goes miles further.

I highly recommend Princess Cruises - http://www.princess.com/ - I cruise with them regularly. They are several quality grades above the likes of Fred Olsen, Thomson, Island Cruises and so on. How about Steak and Lobster, served on your balcony, Full table setting with linen tablecloth & flower arrangement, champagne, silver service - your own waiters (2 waiters !) that stay with you throughout. $50 including a souvenir photo.....

Champagne breakfast from Room Service....

Champagne waterfall on the last formal night....

Optional "fine dining" restaurants....

Hot Caribbean islands where the sea temperature is as warm as the air temperature....

Cold Budweiser.... (ok that's not really a plus point)

Watches & Jewellery at 1/2 uk prices....

(If you notice a gap in my posts from 6th September, you know where I'll be.)

Go on the carribean cruise, I been to Farnham last year, pretty boring place, the greek pizza place is a rip-off, luckily been paid for by company. :D

Prices out the riff raff, I love the place and am a complete farnhamite, we have 80 acres of park belonging to the people of Farnham which will never be sold or built on on my lifetime at the top of my road, we have the lowest crime rates in the country - where else can you leave your windows down in in the car and your mobile, MP3 player and satnav is still there????? not many places I think, btw, it was a problem with the Audi not my memory that the windows came down when they felt like it,

Otherwise, your hardest decision would be whether to go on Jerry Springer or Jeremy Kyle..... :eek:

bit confused by this bit young man,

that cruise does sound tempting, sounds like girlie has invited her parents along who cant afford the carribean but want to cruise the med again, so I will be driving in iceland and taking a cruise then, oh well, its been a good few months money wise,

Last edited:

Go for the Caribbean Cruise - it's always cheapest in November, and at $2 to the £ your spending money goes miles further.

I highly recommend Princess Cruises - http://www.princess.com/ - I cruise with them regularly. They are several quality grades above the likes of Fred Olsen, Thomson, Island Cruises and so on. How about Steak and Lobster, served on your balcony, Full table setting with linen tablecloth & flower arrangement, champagne, silver service - your own waiters (2 waiters !) that stay with you throughout. $50 including a souvenir photo.....

Champagne breakfast from Room Service....

Champagne waterfall on the last formal night....

Optional "fine dining" restaurants....

Hot Caribbean islands where the sea temperature is as warm as the air temperature....

Cold Budweiser.... (ok that's not really a plus point)

Watches & Jewellery at 1/2 uk prices....

(If you notice a gap in my posts from 6th September, you know where I'll be.)

But how do you get the caravan on board? :D :rolleyes: ;)

:bannana: :bannana:

But how do you get the caravan on board? :D :rolleyes: ;)

:bannana: :bannana:

ROTFLMAO!

Actually - I just put the caravan on water skis and tie it to the back of the ship..... :D

bit confused by this bit young man

I work hard rather than sitting on the dole!!!

Work hard - choice between going to Iceland or Caribbean.

Sit on dole - choice between going on Jeremy Kyle or Jerry Springer.

:crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom