Traffic Cops!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Koolvin

Administrator
Staff member
Car
W168, W169 & S202
Sorry Dave.

Decided to stay at home with folks this friday and have a little pre-rest just before Christmas parties commence... anyway I went to get a Pizza, the Merc was blocked in by my sisters MG so I took the Micra.

1st Thing that came into my mind was Dave Elcome as he had been giving me advice on my wipers! anyhow on my return I saw a Omega Estate Police vehicle blocking my drive and there was a Police man and a guy chatting away... it was raining and dark so I just gave my horn on the little bubble car a toot, nobody came so I tooted again, nobody came but I heard someone talking loud, I opened my door and said, 'Can you move your car please my foods getting cold, i need to get in my drive'

The response by the officer was that he held my door open and said, 'dont blow your horn at me or i'll give you a ticket' he then absolutely slammed my door so hard It made me very very cross.... the officer then moved his car (which was on a red route) and I drove in, the other officer called me as I got out my car but I ignored him and locked the door to my porch while I went inside.

by this time my door bell was ringing and then when I opened it he said he wanted a word, I said no my foods getting cold, by this time members of my family came out anyway I said sorry if I honked but I dont want to talk to you because my food is getting cold and I am not happy about my door being slammed anyway he explained what he was doing there.. I just told him next time dont block my drive unless its a emegency and dont ever slam my door.

IMO the whole thing only escaltedas the police slamed my door, had they not I would have spolen to the officer and apologised for honking etc etc etc but no he packed the first punch.

This was my first run-in with a traffic cop since ages (last time they gave me a ticket on my pedal bycycle!)

ok I am calm now.

just read through that , so many TYPOS!!! and I missed some of the story ! oh well... good thing this board is here for me to share my pain and hapiness..

Traffic cops are exempt from traffic laws on police business.

They are lialable for nothing , no point in reporting them nothing will ever get done. Even if they were blocking a drive and on a red route.

Just the way it is. :(

I dont know if that is true or not, maybee it is true but the point is why did he have to stir it up by slamming the door so hard! of course I was going to retaliate!

PS. I dont hate the police, my GF is a coppa :eek:

:crazy:

Last edited:
How was the pizza? :)

It's simple. You did not respect his authority.

Had you asked him nicely, please officer sir, you may have had more luck. Chances are though, he may still not have moved, then I think you would have been even more pissed off!

nothing to be proud of but LOL :bannana:

Attachments

• dsc01565.jpg
    dsc01565.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 373
speechless

We've been down the manners route on here before so there's no point labouring the point, but it certainly sounds like your man had a problem Koolvin, maybe you should have complained at the time??

Quote:

Traffic cops are exempt from traffic laws on police business.

They are lialable for nothing , no point in reporting them nothing will ever get done.

This statement is wrong, while being nearly correct, emergency services are exempt things like speed limits, red traffic lights, etc etc, BUT only whilst attending an emergency call, and we must remain within the law. Its far more long winded than that, but you would all die of boredom reading the full version.

Your man needs to ask himself this question Koolvin.

How can i do someone for contraveining a red route when i do it myself??

Don't think that will work Dave.

You would have to speed to nick me for the same thing eh?

Nah, defo won't work.

I have overtaken a police car who was already over the S/limit.

It wasn't nice.

Koolvin.

Just had another look at you ticket, in the use column it says SDP, that in my book is Social, Domestic, and Pleasure, which is the taxation class of you car, how can this relate to a pedal cycle??

I'd demand your money back if i were you.....LOL

Originally posted by Dave Elcome
Koolvin.

Just had another look at you ticket, in the use column it says SDP, that in my book is Social, Domestic, and Pleasure, which is the taxation class of you car, how can this relate to a pedal cycle??

I'd demand your money back if i were you.....LOL

If it wasn't such a minor offence, shoddy paperwork is enough to have kicked out the court room (not the magistrates though, you need people who know the law).

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
If it wasn't such a minor offence, shoddy paperwork is enough to have kicked out the court room (not the magistrates though, you need people who know the law).

Shows how little you know of our precious legal system.

I think reading Koolvins original post, that he had a legitimate cause to complain, which is backed up by my response.

You seem to have a problem with the "Old Bill" Graham, but i've got an idea. Come down for the day, come out with us and experience some of the crap we are expected to put up with, and then honestly tell me that you would remain all sweatness and light, i think not. Then wade through the mountains of mindless paperwork we are subjected to, AND get every single bit of it right every time first time, again i think not.

The incident with the lock barrel made me really look at myself crytically, just to see how much of the disaster was brought on by me, and to that end its always to the front of my mind nowadays when people are rattling me, but i heard an interesting story yesterday from a Merc enthusiast that was out for the day with us, he uses the said dealers in question, he's not particulerly satisfied with them, but his biggest gripe was the self same job's worth that i was complaining about. That put my mind at rest over the issue.

Down boy.

No problem with the "old bill", as long as treated fairly.

My comment that (if this was a more serious incident worth fighting) crap paperwork **could** save the day even if your case otherwise not so strong.

I don't think this would be the case in the Magistrates court, as I think cases are not looked at so deeply, but in the Crown court perhaps so.

As if you were suspecting otherwise, yes I have had this happen to me. No need for it to prove my inosence, but case thrown out of court room due to incorrect paperwork produced by officers in question.

Obviously as I know this to be true, no point in arguing otherwise. Sadly no, I won't be posting any more details for the Internet to read.

Wasn't wanting to get into a big dispute Dave, honest, honest honest. Just having a joke in my first reply (about a police car speeding to catch a speeding offender) and commenting as you did about incorrect paperwork in my second.

I am hoping that perhaps we will meet at a GTG soon (along with everyone else), not wishing us to fall out :confused:

Just yesterday on my way up the M3, we had a police car overtake us at 80, i sped up and followed him at that speed.
he wasnt amused, but did nothing as he knew he was in the wrong also.

Very surprised he didnt try some holier than thou approach, they do know when there doing bad, hey dave...;)

just playin with ya!:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom