Trip to Germany

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I did recall reading in Car Magazine many years ago their account of driving a Porsche turbo flat out from Alice Springs to Darwin as the road was then unrestricted. Two things linger in my memory, the first being that they had to stop so regularly for fuel, a Toyota Landcruiser diesel kept pretty much the same average pace as it could just rumble on, and that such were the number of insects hitting the car at speed, plus dirt and stones, the car needed a total respray on arrival.

Wonderful news.
The Alfa, it is then.

:D

I wish Jeremy Beadle was still alive.

We could do a great blag on Rash and get a duplicate CLK and drive a tank over it.

Thank would be funny.

And then we could come clean and say "do not worry, that was a mock up. Here is your actual.....oh hang on - we trashed the wrong car!"

;)

I wish Jeremy Beadle was still alive.

We could do a great blag on Rash and get a duplicate CLK and drive a tank over it.

You wouldn't need a tank. Just get a lycra lout to lean his bike against the car :devil:

Aw I'm dead excited for you all - I've heard about the trip. Please keep lots of photos coming throughout your journey... So envious!! You're going to have a ball. Not Rash so much when it starts raining you big girl!! Enjoy :) x

Have fun on the trip Rash! Enjoy the Autobahn and the 'Ring :thumb:

Take it easy through France and Belgium :D

Rash the kerbs were a nightmare in the ML, and I bet your sidewalls are much narrower :eek:uch:

Oh yes, the French are digging up the A16 from Calais at present so you might encounter some delays in the Dunkirk area.

So, with our Germany trip commencing in just under 24hrs, I thought I would execute a dressed rehearsal :rolleyes:

I figured it was the only way to get my body clock used to the idea of getting up at 2.30am tomorrow morning. lol :crazy:

Seems stupid at the moment
Rash you really are priceless ;) :D

Hope you have a fantastic trip, and don't let fretting about the train spoil it for you :thumb:

BTW, did anyone tell you about the narrow winding lanes leading to the AMG factory with the huge farm tractors on them?

:D :D :D

Have a good one fella its I a shame I can't join you all this time. Say hello to everyone for me. Be safe and enjoy.

acej said:
Have a good one fella its I a shame I can't join you all this time. Say hello to everyone for me. Be safe and enjoy.
same here mate have a nice trip !!

Bobby Dazzler said:
Rash the kerbs were a nightmare in the ML, and I bet your sidewalls are much narrower :eek:uch:
hi mate he is right I done my n/s/f wheel when going to the upper deck last week!!:(

Have a good safe trip Rash, say hi to the guys!

Enjoy Guys

Just think of the silky smooth roads and drivers that move out of the way for you...

Having read many many of Rashman's posts on car cleanliness.....is there a support transit following loaded with detailing products and a full team to work on the car overnight???? :D

Have a good safe trip Rash, say hi to the guys!

Cheers, Alps :thumb:
I'll say hi to the guys for you.
See you on a couple of weeks. :thumb:

Enjoy Guys

Cheers, Acid :thumb:

Just think of the silky smooth roads and drivers that move out of the way for you...

Yes, I've heard good things about the German roads.
Looking forward to sampling them. :thumb:

Having read many many of Rashman's posts on car cleanliness.....is there a support transit following loaded with detailing products and a full team to work on the car overnight???? :D

lol

Na, just me and my OCD :rolleyes::D

i'm going to Germany myself in a couple of weeks (via Amsterdam, Spa. then Nurbugring, Hockenheim, Stuttgart, Mulhouse...) in my CLK.

I mentioned at work "I'm not sure how many micro-fibre cloths to take.. You know, to keep things clean..?"
I was ridiculed immensely. :-D

Have a great trip!!

Have a good and safe trip guys, bugs etc can be cleaned so hit the throttle and enjoy but please wait until you're out of France!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom