Turbo and Inlet Shut Off Motor Related?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonred

Car
E320 CDI
Hi All, I have just joined the forum which looks great. I have an E320 CDI 2006 model which went in to limp home mode last week. I took in in to the dealer who diagnosed it needed a new inlet shut off port motor and he needed to recalibrate the air filter all for £832.92. Two days later the same thing happened and they now tell me that a new turbo is also required at a cost of £1500. Is it possible that both things could go at the same tim or could they have mis-diagnosed the problem in the first place?

Sounds like they are throwing parts at it to me. I would go get another opinion before paying more money

The turbo seal leaks oil onto the inlet ports motor so causes it to fail, but that should have been rectified at the first visit with a new seal.

while changing the air filters this morning; i removed the air inlet hose to make the job easier, and noticed some oil in the turbo and also on the hoses etc...

is this normal?

my turbo was change a few months ago under warranty... car has done 70,000 miles

here is a link to some pics i took this morning....

thanks

w211 e280cdi - a set on Flickr

There will always be oil in the hoses, but it looks like a small amount is leaking out, which is what knackers the inlet port motor, which is just underneath.

thanks dieselman!

the oil underneath was dried up... don't know if that's from the time the turbo was changed?...

also noticed the jubilee clamp wasn't very tight when i first opened it... have tightened it up now ;-)

i'll clean it up and keep an eye on it :)

is there anything else i should be doing?

Chances are it is just the inlet port motor.

This is something you need doing ASAP!

It involves quite alot of time.

This is also a common problem on the Jeep/Chrysler 3.0 CRD models (same engine)

change the big orange seal on the inlet to the turbo its possible you had 2 problems the turbo problem is probably the box on the side thus cant be bought on its own

Hmm.. is it possible to have the seal changed to avoid this from happening?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom