Tyre Changing.. Is it Rocket Science!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thmsshaun

MB Enthusiast
Car
2009 C300 4Matic, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2015 Triumph Tiger800 XCX
Just a bit of a rant. Not happy the other day, Must be my worst month ever for car expense. What with the oil cooler. So trying not to use it now until the new year thought I would use the Mini. Also save a bit on fuel.

Got a puncture. Fantastic. Not a slow one either so couldnt just pump it up. Got a new runflat ordered £129. About what I expected.

Fitted monday. Came to car Tuesday. Flat
Back to garage Tuesday they said the wrong weight had been put on. Fair enough I can accept that. But today its flat again. REALLY REALLY not happy. Its just fortunate I live so close to the garage. This must be just incompetence. Have only done about a mile with no air. Wonder how I would stand saying I want a brand new one again as it has been driven on flat??

maybe they are really designed to run flat all the time!

Thmsshaun said:
Just a bit of a rant. Not happy the other day, Must be my worst month ever for car expense. What with the oil cooler. So trying not to use it now until the new year thought I would use the Mini. Also save a bit on fuel.

Got a puncture. Fantastic. Not a slow one either so couldnt just pump it up. Got a new runflat ordered £129. About what I expected.

Fitted monday. Came to car Tuesday. Flat
Back to garage Tuesday they said the wrong weight had been put on. Fair enough I can accept that. But today its flat again. REALLY REALLY not happy. Its just fortunate I live so close to the garage. This must be just incompetence. Have only done about a mile with no air. Wonder how I would stand saying I want a brand new one again as it has been driven on flat??

Hmmmm.

Well they sorted it for the third time an say where the original weights go rust has formed on the inside of the rim. So the new tyre wont sit properly. He said that have sealed it and to see how I go.

Either way may give Mini a call and if its flat in the morning I will be politely requesting they come and pick up the car and get it sorted. Rusty wheel after 18Months :crazy: Perhaps its a new brand of MB.

Wonder if I will get a 535 Loaner!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom