Urgent - need a SATA power adaptor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Building a PC for my daughter and the Optical drive is SATA. I have a data cable but need one of the little adaptors that go from one of the white plugs on the internal PC cabling to the SATA power connector on the drive. The PC case only has one which of course is being used for the HDD

I'm sure what I want is on here somewhere (luckily, CDC is just round the corner) What is the part I want? Quite a few parts don't have pics so not 100% sure what is correct!

Hope I am being clear - Help much appreciated

Updated the link to the correct one.

Spot on!! Could not remeber what the white plugs are called for the life of me! Of course, molex!

Fotta love this forum

P.S. Did pop into PC World just before it closed. When members of staff actually deigned to talk to me:

Person 1) pointed to hi-fi cable area as she had her mouth full.
Person 2) said "don't know" and walked off
Person 3) asked what a SATA cable was for - I suggested it was for a SATA device so he passed me on to someone else
Person 4) took me to the rack where components should have been if they were not all sold out!

:dk::dk::dk::dk:

Steve you rare either stressed or P***ed. :D:thumb:

A translation for the other folk. (aka non Northerners) :dk:

Fotta = Gotta
CDC = CPC

Spot on!! Could not remeber remember what the white plugs are called for the life of me! Of course, molex!

Fotta Gotta love this forum

P.S. Did pop into PC World just before it closed. When members of staff actually deigned to talk to me:

Person 1) pointed to hi-fi cable area as she had her mouth full.
Person 2) said "don't know" and walked off
Person 3) asked what a SATA cable was for - I suggested it was for a SATA device so he passed me on to someone else
Person 4) took me to the rack where components should have been if they were not all sold out!

:dk::dk::dk::dk:

Person 5) Customer could not spell or get a company name correct :wallbash:

PC World. Overheard a member of staff givig a completely incorrect explanation of WiFi (a,b,g,n speeds and frequencies) ending up with recommending an expensive piece of kit which the customer clearly did not need and could not exploit.

They are not cheap and fail to add value by providing competent advice.

Ony buy from them when I absolutely have to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom