Viano service intervals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marku

Car
Viano Ambiente 2.2CDI W639, S-Class 450SE W116
Our Viano now does hardly any mileage, about a third of the ASSYST interval, but I still have had it serviced a year from the last date. Am I wasting my money and is there anything to be gained? As it has to have an MOT it seemed convenient to have it serviced as well.

Our Viano now does hardly any mileage, about a third of the ASSYST interval, but I still have had it serviced a year from the last date. Am I wasting my money and is there anything to be gained? As it has to have an MOT it seemed convenient to have it serviced as well.

No you are not wasting your money
Clean oil is always a bonus to any engine
My Audi is 8 years old had 8 oil changes in 39,000 miles
My Vito will be having fresh oil every 5,000 miles
Oil is cheaper than an engine :thumb:

It's not a waste of money. When oil services on a Yamaha F1200 were every 3,000 miles, I did intermediate changed at 1,500 and at 48,000, I took it in for a new cam chain and guide followers. On inspecting the engine, the mechanic declared that the engine looked like it had only done a tenth of that.

He even called his mate, one those engine 'gurus' AND Yamaha. Both agreed it was a marvel and the chain etc didn't need changing.

IF you are going to keep it, I would change oil annually, regardless of Assyst which could, if the Vito is anything to go by, only 'ask' for a change every two years.

That's nice to know. Yes we do plan to keep it we have usually changed vehicles when the warranty ran out (business user). This is our second Viano and it it is the most useful vehicle we have had and there have been quite a few. Had a few problems when new but MB sorted them out and as I was told that it was now only just run in at 50K. A real enthusiast of the Viano and have thought about the new one but really happy with the one we have.

thats good advice from the Giantvanman and me
mot and service every year even if its done 2000 miles
buy a genuine merc oil filter and oil and do it yourself
its not rocket science
and its a great feeling doing it for pennies (so to speak)

I would do it myself and have done the odd thing but it is convenient when it has its MOT, this time I went to an independent, and I have enough to do really with the 450SE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom