• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W203 Memory seat key settings

spuggets

Car
C32
Hi All

I can't work out if I'm just being thick here, but every few days our W203 seems to forget it's memory seat settings. I have it set up so that the seats are tied to the keys - I assume this means simply that whenever the car is unlocked, the seats resume the position they were in when that same key was used to lock the car (regardless of whether another key has unlocked it in the meantime)? That's how it works on our other non-Mercedes car.

However, what seems to happen is:

1. I will set the seat up for me and save to memory position 2.
2. I use the car and the seat appears to return to the right position when I unlock it (assuming the wife has been in and moved it since I last used the car)
3. I don't use the car for a couple of days, then unlock it, and the seat moves but to the completely wrong position
4. If I interrupt the movement and select memory setting 2, the seat still attempts to resume the wrong position

So it's as if my setting 2 is getting forgotten or overwritten somehow.

Just typing all that has made me wonder if the missus is getting in and repeatedly storing her seat position over mine... but assume not for now, does anyone know if this is a common issue or just me being dense??

Many thanks
Spugs

How do you save the seat position?

Can you activate you key dependency from your instrument cluster?

How do you save the seat position?

Press "M" and then the selector knob to save the current position in setting 1, 2 or 3 (whichever the knob is pointing at when it's pressed)

Can you activate you key dependency from your instrument cluster?

Yes

It looks like no-one has any ideas, but a quick update nonetheless: today it did it again, I unlocked the car and the seat started moving to the wrong position. I got in and pressed the knob for my position (setting 2), it continued to move to the wrong position. So I tried setting 1 and 3 just for the hell of it, then started the engine. Finally, I tried setting 2 again - and the seat and mirrors finally went to the correct position!

Be pretty impressed if anyone can explain this! :)

Gremlins - do I win the prize?

Sorry can't help. I thought you set the key dependancy in your cluster. Do you have the comport setting turned on? This does move the seat our of the way to allow easy access to the car and as far as I know ignoring any setting.

I think these functions are very hit and miss.
On the CLK it never returns to exactly the right position. Always need to press the button on the door.
On the SLK the passenger mirror never resets correctly but the seat does.
If the system is reset its ok for a couple of goes but then back to its old ways.
I think they have dementia.
I have given up trying to sort it now and just put up with it.

Thanks for the replies guys, just the confirmation that it is behaving oddly and could be gremlins is helpful.

I do have comfort access, my understanding was that this meant the steering wheel and seat move to aid getting in and out, but then return to the "correct" setting for the key? So in theory shouldn't be affecting this (but possibly is!)

GP801 - I agree, 'hit and miss' does describe my experience of the seat settings. Sometimes the seat moves on unlocking, sometimes on opening the door, sometimes the steering wheel adjusts when the key is inserted... not finding much rhyme nor reason to it!

My W203 memory drivers seat suddenly won't go forward as far as it did - Suzy Cute can't reach the pedals now! And you can imagine the grief I am getting! :eek:

Seems to work OK otherwise, just will not go as far forward as it did

Any ideas?

P.S. Seat creaks and squeaks like an old man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom