W204 paddle shifting from d to d1 everytime

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bain

Car
c250 sport
Hi all,

Apologies if im posting in wrong area as this is my first time posting.

Have a w204 c class 250 cdi sport 2009.
Everything to my knowledge is fine. Had car on general diagnostic computer (snap-on but I know its not as good as STAR) a few times never with any issue but any time i ever try to downshift either using paddles or the gear stick the car jumps from d straingt to d1 even at high revs.

I have only done this once or twice as I know the harm I could do. But the car shifts up through all gears fine. Gearbox has been serviced regularly including transmission.

Short question - am i doing something wrong? Most likely me but I just dont know? Or is the car acting as it should and I am driving it wrong or does it sound like there is an issue here

Many thanks for any help as I just cannot find anything similar to my issue on web

It should not be shifting from D to 1st in one leap. The box will have over speed protection to prevent this happening, clearly this is not working. You need to get it on Star to get the gearbox live data looked at, it may be as simple as a lock out inhibitor not working. Either way it needs sorting before you blow it up.

OK thanks for the info Trickythemerc.

Sounds like this could end up being a bit of a nightmare.
Looks like its off to the dealer for the STAR diagnostics:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom