W211 LED Rear Lamp Cluster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AntJC

Car
W211 270CDI
After some advice here folks.
I have seen offered for sale pre face lift W211 rear light clusters with LED’s rather than bulbs (in the stop lamp sapce from the picture I've seen).
I have a 54 reg pre face lift with plain bulb rear light clusters and wondered if the LED version on sale are OEM.
If they are what would I need apart from the clusters to install on my car. I know from pervious cars that conversion of bulb to LED’s on say a BMW E46 requires not only the LED lamp clusters but the correct control unit mounted in the boot to stop lamp failure warning on the dash.
All advice greatly appreciated.
Regards

I have after-market LED rear lights fitted to my W203. They have no control unit as such, but they have a resistor box to allow them to work correctly without causing errors. I would assume these would have a similar setup? If not, then placing resistors in-line would solve that problem.

Yes resistors would be the answer, but I think the seller is claiming they are original/genuine MB items.

Did the w211 Avantgarde have them as an option I wonder as mine is an Elegance model??

That question I cannot answer...

I have no knowledge of the W211 to know if these type of lights are/were an option, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly who does know.... :)

Did the w211 Avantgarde have them as an option I wonder as mine is an Elegance model??

Standard on the W211 AG.

should be plug and play as far as i know

hi

plug and play

even the 08 - 09 are plug and play done loads

acid

IIRC the Avantegarde model came with both HID headlights & LED rear lamps from the start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom