W211 Seat Occupancy Sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spera

Car
2002 E CLASS 270CDI AUTO AVANTGARDE
Does anyone know if this also flashes up the srs light on the dash. Whenever someone sits on front passenger seat the light will come on , sometimes it goes off but I'm not sure how to find whats causing it as nothing seems loose, Does anyone else have the same issue thanks sil

You will need to get it plugged in firstly as SRS lights bing on can be caused by so many components.

It is quite likely to be the seat pad though.

I will go and nag Ian at 124WORKS and get it on star, hob nobs Ian if you see this post.

You will need to get it plugged in firstly as SRS lights bing on can be caused by so many components.

Was the seat pad , I just need pick one up, taken other one off so dont mind travelling to collect one if price is not too bad mercedes dealer sells for aprox £270 inc vat.

124works

Thanks to Ian at 124WORKS saved my bacon and sourced me the part I needed with delivery next day 8am , best I did was 2 day delivery but more expensive than Ians source. So I will bring the Hob Nobs next time.

I will post pictures up on the job I did replacing seat pad sensor, lovely job?

It took me hours to change it , and at last back in the car , plenty of passenger journeys and now im happy its fixed. Definitely a DIY job.

WEll its started to do the same thing again srs light comes on when a person (at the moment large persons only seem to cause it) sits in the passenger seat. It comes on only for few seconds then goes off. Annoying as took me 5hrs to change it in november.Will need to star it to be sure, if its the full sensor pad again , id have thought maybe its become faulty but within a year should be still covered?? Dont know if this applies if do it yourself?? Any way will look if any loose wiring first. Also my interior is black leather so if pad is aprox £270 , wonder if buying a seat cheaper?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom