• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

w211 to E55 8 Pot Upgrade. Advice Please

thefibreguy

Car
2012 Range Rover Sport
Hi All,

Just purchased a complete F/R calipers/discs from an E55 AMG, to fit onto my 53 E270CDi.

Just had a look, & it seems I will have to bin the original dust shield. It looks like I will also have to increase the size of the holes in the suspension arms to accommodate the larger caliper mounting bolts.

From those who have done this upgrade, is this the norm, or is there another way of doing without getting the drill out - the only other way I can see is to change the whole suspension arms, which looks expensive!!

What will I need to look forward to fitting the rears?

Thanks, in advance.

Regards

I can't help either.

Why are you adding them to it? Is it for kudos with regard to looks or you like a car to stop on a sixpence?

I'm afraid I can't help other than to say that I'd be VERY wary of drilling out any holes in suspension arms in order to get these calipers fitted - you certainly don't want an arm cracking or breaking under cornering or braking stresses.

I can feel an Ebay ad coming on! :doh:

you will also need at least 18" wheels ..

it doesn't sound like an easy swap ..

and do you really need such huge brakes?

I have new 19" wheels, & hate the small standard discs!!. I have airmatic, & am also having car lowered with new droplinks.

I will post the pics when fitted.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom